- FIRAS fire up schemes. // Builders Merchants Journal;June97, p8
Announces that the FIRAS in Great Britain has launched two accreditation schemes for installers of passive fire safety products. Who will manage the schemes; Guidelines for companies wishing to be accredited.
- Detectors save lives. // Current Health 1;Dec95 1 of 2, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Presents activities on family fire escape plans. Making a graph of how many homes have working smoke detectors; Drawing a map of the family's escape plan; Assigning to take the maps home and hold a drill with the family; Review and discussion questions on safety measures for fires.
- Colorado standardizes fire science curriculum. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the standardization of the fire science curriculum of the state of Colorado by course numbering and update of the curriculum. Role of the Colorado Fire Science State Technical Committee; Composition of the Technical Committee; Negotiations being conducted by the Technical Committee;...
- IFSAC seeks comments on accreditation standards. // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the development of accreditation standards for post-secondary degree programs for fire prevention and extinction in the United States by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC). Contact information for a copy of the proposed accreditation procedures.
- IFSAC seeks comments on degree program accreditation. // Fire Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 149 Issue 9, p35
Calls for comments on the fire protection degree program accreditation by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC).
- Fire is hell! Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;12/21/96, Vol. 87 Issue 51, p12
Suggests that persons, during the Christmas holidays, should be careful in the home so as to prevent fires. What persons should not do during the Christmas holidays; Poem written by the author to commemorate a family who died in a fire.
- The Lexington (Ky) division of fire's fire safety house. Chapman, Mark // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p104
Describes the partnership of fire departments and communities in fire prevention in Lexington, Kentucky. Project to build a fire safety house to educate citizens; Overcoming the financial hurdle; Description of the completed fire safety house.
- Education: Is it your priority? Rieth, Gary R. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p106
Discusses fire prevention education. Methods for delivering messages; Assessment of the fire department's education presentations and programs; Use of characters to help present and enforce the message.
- NAFTD adopts resolutions at annual conference. // Fire Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p52
Highlights the fire service education/training resolutions adopted by the North American Fire Training Directors at its 1998 congress. Support for the Blue Ribbon Panel's recommendations to the Federal Emergency Management Agency; National Professional Qualifications Board's merger with the...