- D. Michael Abrashoff. // Sheriff;May2009, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p15
The article profiles Mike Abrashoff, a Navy Commander in the U.S. It highlights Abrashoffs' concept of GrassRoots leadership, and how he uses the principle in replacing command and control with commitment, cohesion, conviction as well as humility. It also relates how Abrashoff's experience and...
- Abrashoff to Keynote Nexstar Meeting. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar2013, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that Mike Abrashoff will hold a keynote speech on enabling business success of plumbing, heating, and cooling contractors in the upcoming Nexstar Network annual owners' meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana from April 3 to 5, 2013.
- To keep your crew happy, let them steer the ship. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on experiences of USN-retired captain Mike Abrashoff expressed by him during an annual convention of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America. Lack of command and control leadership in the Navy; Citation of Abrashoff's book 'It's Your Ship'; His role in changing the culture in ...
- The best way to reduce employee turnover? Listen! King, Ruth // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/24/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p57
Offers advice to heating, ventilation and air-conditioning companies about reducing employee turnover. Establishment of rules of conduct; Application of the rules to everyone; Importance of addressing the needs of employees; Technique of United States Navy Captain Mike Abrashoff.
- Six Business Lessons to Get You in Shipshape. SCALLY, KAREN M. // Site Prep;May/Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
The article offers the author's view on the business lessons from former Navy Commander Mike Abrashoff. The author states the need of business leaders to stop being a victim and focus on where a team can have an impact. The author cites the need to provide right atmosphere to foster excellence...
- McNeill Elected Senior VP At NLUS Winter Meeting. // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p55
Reports updates about the Navy League of the United States. Election of Sheila McNeill to senior vice president; Award presentations during the 2002 Winter Meeting of the league; Details of the meeting.
- A Commitment to Excellence. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p61
Focuses on the support program of the Navy League of the United States for sea-service personnel. Overview of recent military history; Recruitment program of the League; Prioritization of assistance programs for sea-service families. INSET: A Major Leap Forward For NLUS IT Systems.
- Navy Reestablishes U.S. 4th Fleet. Gragg, Alan // All Hands;Jun2008, Issue 1095, p6
The article reports on the reestablishment of U.S. 4th Fleet by Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Gary Roughead, who assigned, Rear Admiral Joseph D. Kernan as first commander.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;May2009, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p123
Several photographs of the U.S. Navy's officers are presented including Michael G. Mullen and James E. Cartwright of the Joint Chief of Staff, Gary Roughead and Patrick M. Walsh of the Flag and General Officers and Senior Enlisted Leaders, and John Craine and William B. Eisenhardt of the...