An Internet affair
- Engineering eye. // Professional Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses the lack of skills in the engineers and less number of women's moving to the engineering industries.
- Changing perceptions. Slaven, Katherine // Industrial Engineer: IE;Sep2005, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p10
Presents a letter to the editor regarding female industrial engineers.
- Engineering fun. Novatney, Kari // IIE Solutions;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p11
Profiles Kari Novatney, industrial engineer and general manager of Metreon. Academic background; Career highlights; Her attitude towards work.
- An equal-opportunity profession. // IIE Solutions;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the increasing number of women who are deciding to become industrial engineers (IE), according to an analysis by the Employment Policy Foundation. Factor needed for the increase in the number of women in IE; One prominent female mentor in the field; Estimated number of jobs that will...
- Pride in a can. Whitcomb, Claire // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p52
Reports on the painting of the most neglected schools in New York City by industrial designer Linda Lande Shurman through her nonprofit agency, Publicolor. Belief in the power of colors to change lives; Initial testing of the ideas about the impact of colors in 1994; Process by which the...
- Mentoring the next generation. O'Briant, Erin // IIE Solutions;Jul99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p22
Features Arlene Shapiro, an industrial engineer, and talks about her work as manager of the industrial system group of the Torrington Company's manufacturing development center. Work experience before acquiring the managerial position; Views on the mentoring aspect of her job; Job description.
- Jill of all trades will be needed in workforce. Larmour, Adelle // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p21B
Reports on the shortage of women engineers in the mining industries in Ontario. Reason for the scarcity; Statement of industrial mechanic student Milai Pereira on the advantages of being in the industry dominated by men; Launch of various projects for women to gain interest in the field.
- shop talk. // Works Management;Dec2011, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p46
The article offers the author's insights on her career in the manufacturing business. The author states that she became the first woman engineer at the Phillips factory since her promotion as a process engineer. The author mentions that she has moved from business unit manager to a value stream...
- Work Perfect. Brandt, David // Industrial Engineer: IE;Aug2009, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p66
The article profiles Lisa Claussen, manager of Invensys Controls for supplier quality and development. She is an administrator of a web-based supplier performance portal that provides suppliers with information and a scorecard based on quality, delivery, response to corrective action requests,...