IN SUPPORTING B&Is: D&S strives to stay positive
- SEES GROWTH IN CATERING: D&S strives to be different. // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the D&S Food Services Inc. in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Appointment of Scott Sellman as president of the company; Services and operations of the company; Importance given by the company to its employees.
- `Celebration escalation' theme of AmEx confab. Howard, Theresa, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p72
Discusses the consumer-lifestyle trends impacting the foodservice industry in the United States in sales, performance and concept development, according to discussions at the 1997 American Express Breakfast Briefing in Chicago, Illinois. Customer satisfaction; Continued strong work ethic;...
- As appetites mature, foodservice will grow. // Packaging Digest;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the impact of the growing population of older consumers on the food service industry in the United States. Annual growth rate of the foods industry between 2000 and 2010; Rise in demand for full-service restaurants; Increase in purchases of pre-prepared foods.
- Consumer survey. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, HMR news p18
Presents the results of `Nation's Restaurant News' custom research study of United States consumers about their opinions, purchasing behavior and concerns about home meal replacement (HMR). View that restaurants offer better quality HMRs than supermarkets; HMR customers' monthly spending;...
- New study quantifies gender disparity in senior positions. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p58
Cites the findings of a Women's Foodservice Forum-commissioned study on gender disparity in senior positions in the United States foodservice industry. Findings that women are disproportionately underrepresented in the ranks of corporate directors and senior officers; How women executives fare...
- Highlighting the '97 issues. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p113
Presents comments from food service management executives about the food service industry issues in the United States.
- Back on the hot seat? Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;11/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the implications of executive changes in the food service industry of the United States. Factors driving the changes; Measures being undertaken by chains to deal with the impact of competition.
- a Day in the Life... // Nation's Restaurant News;4/15/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p39
Presents the successful founders and senior executives of the food service industry in the U.S. Contribution of the managers to the company; Passion in serving customers; Details of the job.
- Fine dining's unappetizing summer. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the status of the restaurant industry in the U.S. as of 2002. Three-night-a-week operating schedules of some restaurants in Florida; Buying behavior of customers; Impact of the recession on the industry; Sell-everything mentalities of investors.