Independence rules OK
- Industrywide importing association seeks members. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;2/4/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the participation of manufacturers and retailers into the International Furniture Products Shippers Association (IFPSA) in Greensboro, North Carolina. Reduction of importing costs in the furniture industry; Function of IFPSA; Role of Jim Garst.
- Helping U.S. mfrs. battle back. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/4/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the use of ï¿½leanï¿½ manufacturing by furniture manufacturers in the Greensboro, North Carolina. Mechanism of lean manufacturing; Advantages of blitz; Focus on improvement of furniture production.
- Why you should take the conference plunge. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;4/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p71
Presents several issues on furniture industry conventions in the U.S. Emphasis on the significance of conventions participation by retailers; Formulation of ideas for creativity of products; Information on the value of networking with other retailers during the conventions.
- Trends (manufacturer). // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p13
Analyzes the market trends of furniture manufacturers. Change towards transitional furniture; Influx of buyers and consumers upgrading the furniture; Interests on formal dining.
- Retailers see sales recover. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p2
Reports the recovery of furniture and floorcovering sales in Great Britain. Comparison of sales figures in October; Contrasts with sales in 2000; Number of retailers who agree to the growth of sales.
- Top 25 U.S. furniture mfrs. // Furniture/Today;12/31/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p66
Presents a charts of the top 25 furniture manufacturers in the united States. Ranking; Company names; Furniture shipments in million dollars.
- Top Canadian manufacturers. // Furniture/Today;12/31/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p68
Presents a chart of the top manufacturers in Canada. Ranking; Company name and home base; 2000 sales in dollars; 1999 sales in dollars.
- A little guy in a tiny town offers giant-size service. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p83
Profiles entrepreneur Bryan Smith, owner of Smith's Furniture and Carpet in Manhattan, Illinois. Career background; Premise used as cornerstone of the business; Factors considered in the success of funiture business.
- Trying out the beds. // Furniture/Today;5/19/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p19
Presents the statement of several furniture entrepreneurs on how to convince customers to buy their beds. Remarks from Jeff Laughlin of Mattress Gallery about customers; Idea of Tom Lawhorn of Rhodes company about customers who want to test the bed sets; Strategies to encourage consumers to lie...