Sub Director Forsees 'Revolutionary' Power of SSGNs
- Four submarine enlisted ratings to combine. // All Hands;Jun95, Issue 938, p2
Reports on the merger of four submarine ratings to ensure a career path for sailors and to meet changing technical needs of the United States Navy. Merger into the electronic technician-submarine rating; Assignment of US Navy classification code; Plans for retraining of junior personnel;...
- Subs Must Connect with the Fleet. Patton, James H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2002, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the need for the submarine force of the United States Navy to develop common communication capabilities with surface forces. Importance for submarines to conform to surface fleet command, control and communications practices in order to broaden its role in warfare operations.
- The Quest for Silver Dolphins Warfighters of the Deep. Hamilton, Robert A. // Sea Power;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p38
Offers information on the skills development in the U.S. Navy submarine force. Importance of the performance of every submarine crew; Qualifications of the Navy for its submarine force.
- Silent Defense. Weir, Gary E. // All Hands;Apr2000, Issue 995, p12
Looks at the history of the United States Navy's submarine force as it celebrates its first century of service in the year 2000.
- Sonar techs--the eyes and ears of the sub-surface Navy. Thomson, Jason // All Hands;May97, Issue 961, p38
Focuses on the role of sound-navigation-ranging technicians in the US Navy. Sonar technicians as the eyes and ears of a submarine; Training requirement; Divisions of sonar technicians rating; Advantages of having an experience in the job; Overview of the functions of sonar technicians.
- Navy submarines. // All Hands;Jan1999, Issue 981, p18
Presents the listing of US Navy submarines. Ballistic missile submarines; Attack submarines; Deep submergence vehicles.
- Damn the Torpedoes. Benson, Robert A. // All Hands;Jul99, Issue 987, p48
Relates the experience of United States Navy FTC(SS) Gregory T. Fisher in sinking the ship New Carissa with Mark (MK) 48 torpedo aboard the USS Bremerton.
- Speaking with Sailors. Herdt, Jim // All Hands;Apr2000, Issue 995, p9
Celebrates the centennial of the United States Navy's Submarine Force in 2000 after 100 years since the purchase of the first naval submarine Holland VI in 1900.
- Sub Sea Stories. Householder, Patrick; Perris, Paul; Hester, Jack; Franklin, Charles; Atkatz, Steve; Benson, Robert // All Hands;Apr2000, Issue 995, p20
Features several stories from the sailors who served aboard the submarines of the United States Navy since the 1960s.