Practical Impact of Hemorheology on the Treatment of Chronic Peripheral Ischemia
- Combination Stem Cell Therapy for the Treatment of Severe Limb Ischemia: Safety and Efficacy Analysis. Lasala, Gabriel P.; Silva, Jose A.; Gardner, Philip A.; Minguell, Jose J. // Angiology;Aug2010, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p551
The infusion of a source of endothelial progenitors (EPCs) to limb ischemia (LB) patients has been used to increase angiogenesis. Because the formation of new blood vessels involves, in addition to EPCs, other cells and angiogenic regulators, we postulate that a combination cell therapy...
- VTE prophylaxis with enoxaparin demonstrated to be superior to unfractionated heparin in acute stroke patients. // Formulary;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p192
The article discusses the characteristics of enoxaparin as superior to unfractionated heparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism in acute ischemic stroke patients with partial paralysis. Prophylaxis in acute ischemic stroke patients with restricted mobility has been recommended by 4...
- Treatment and prevention of hypertension: Where have we been and where are we going? Luft, Friedrich C. // Kidney International Supplement;Aug1995, Issue 50, pS-14
Explores the modality of treatment and prevention of hypertension. Identification of genes associated with blood pressure regulation and the development of hypertension; Application of diuretics and beta blockers; Influence of environmental factors on blood pressure.
- Acute nontraumatic upper limb ischaemia: A protocol for management. Vinayagam, K.; Arumugam, S.; Rao, U. V.; Vidyashankar, S. // Indian Journal of Surgery;Oct2005, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p257
Aim: To determine the role of different modalities available and draw guidelines for the treatment of acute ischaemia of the upper limb. Materials and Method: This is a retrospective study carried out over a period of 7 years between 1994-2000 comparing embolectomy with thrombolytic therapy for...
- The Role of the Neuroprotective Factor Npas4 in Cerebral Ischemia. Fong Chan Choy; Klarić, Thomas S.; Koblar, Simon A.; Lewis, Martin D. // International Journal of Molecular Sciences;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p29011
Stroke is one of the leading causes of death and adult disability in the world. Although many molecules have been documented to have a neuroprotective effect, the majority of these molecules failed to improve the neurological outcomes for patients with brain ischemia. It has been proposed that...
- Relation between insufficient response to antihypertensive treatment and poor compliance with treatment: a prospective case-control study. Nuesch, Reto; Schroeder, Kerstin; Dieterle, Thomas; Martina, Benedict; Battegay, Edouard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/21/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7305, p142
Conclusion: Non-compliance with treatment was not more prevalent in patients with treatment resistant hypertension than in treatment responsive patients.
- JNC 7 one year later: Experts confirm, challenge its findings. Alexander, Walter // Drug Topics;7/26/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 14, p17
This article reports that recommendations of the Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC 7) were both supported and questioned in separate presentations at the American Society of Hypertension's 19th Annual...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of erythropoietin in experimental stroke. Jerndal, Mikael; Forsberg, Kalle; Sena, Emily S.; Macleod, Malcolm R.; O'Collins, Victoria E.; Linden, Thomas; Nilsson, Michael; Howells, David W. // Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism;May2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p961
Erythropoietin (EPO) has shown promise as a neuroprotectant in animal models of ischemic stroke. EPO is thought not only to protect neurons from cell death, but also to promote regeneration after stroke. Here, we report a systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy of EPO in animal...
- Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Current Review. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;9/1/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p853
Presents an abstract of the study `Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke,' by C. Lewandowski and W. Barsan, which appeared in the February 2001 issue of the `Annals of Emergency Medicine.'