A NOVEL METHOD TO INVESTIGATE THE INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE IN THE BOWEL, AND CONFIRMATION OF ITS IMPAIRMENT IN CROHN'S DISEASE
- Occurrence of Sweet syndrome under anti-TNF. Banse, Christopher; Sobocinski, Valérie; Savoye, Guillaume; Avenel, Gilles; Vittecoq, Olivier // Clinical Rheumatology;Nov2015, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1993
We report the occurrence of Sweet's syndrome in a patient treated with adalimumab for Crohn's disease. The imputability of adalimumab is at issue.
- Prognosis of Crohn's disease. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/2/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6274, p1415
Presents a study on patients with Crohn's disease. Details of the medical approach in treating Crohn's disease; Incidence and causes of death in patients suffering from Crohn's disease; Association between Crohn's disease and carcinoma of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Can Regional Enteritis Resolve Completely? Steigmann, Frederick // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1975, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p464
Presents clinical information on Crohn's disease. Mortality risk of patients suffering from the disease; Difficulty in assessing the severity of the disease; Recommended treatment for the disease; Cases of patients with Crohn's disease.
- Patients With Crohn's Disease Are Unaware of the Risks That Smoking Has on Their Disease. Ryan, William R.; Ley, Catherine; Allan, Robert N.; Keighley, Michael R.B. // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Jul2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p706
Smoking, both in quantity and duration, increases the risk of recurrent Crohn''s disease (CD) and the need for surgical treatment of CD. This study assessed awareness among patients with CD of the risks of smoking on their disease. We distributed self-administered questionnaires to 714 CD...
- Risk of early surgery for Crohn's disease: implications for early treatment strategies. Sands, Bruce E.; Arsenault, Joanne E.; Rosen, Michael J.; Alsahli, Mazen; Bailen, Laurence; Banks, Peter; Bensen, Steven; Bousvaros, Athos; Cave, David; Cooley, Jeffrey S.; Cooper, Herbert L.; Edwards, Susan T.; Farrell, Richard J.; Griffin, Michael J.; Hay, David W.; John, Alex; Lidofsky, Sheldon; Olans, Lori B.; Peppercorn, Mark A.; Rothstein, Richard I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2003, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p2712
OBJECTIVES: In this study we aimed to define the rate of early surgery for Crohn's disease and to identify risk factors associated with early surgery as a basis for subsequent studies of early intervention in Crohn's disease. METHODS: We assembled a retrospective cohort of patients with Crohn's...
- Perianal disease, small bowel disease, smoking, prior steroid or early azathioprine/biological therapy are predictors of disease behavior change in patients with Crohn's disease. Lakatos, Peter Laszlo; Czegledi, Zsofia; Szamosi, Tamas; Banai, Janos; David, Gyula; Zsigmond, Ferenc; Pandur, Tunde; Erdelyi, Zsuzsanna; Gemela, Orsolya; Papp, Janos; Lakatos, Laszlo; Pique, Josep M. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;7/28/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p3504
AIM: To assess the combined effect of disease phenotype, smoking and medical therapy [steroid, azathioprine (AZA), AZA/biological therapy] on the probability of disease behavior change in a Caucasian cohort of patients with Crohn's disease (CD). METHODS: Three hundred and forty...
- 'Normal' on the Outside. McMullin, Vanessa // Off Our Backs;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1/2, p35
Recounts the author's experience of suffering from Crohn's disease. Diagnosis at the age of 17; Dependence on the corticosteroid prednisone; Effects of continuous prednisone usage; Difficulties of dealing with people who do not understand her illness; Decision to undergo surgery.
- Long-Term Management of Crohn's Disease with Mesalamine Capsules (PentasaÂ®). Hanauer, Stephen B.; Krawitt, Edward L.; Robinson, Malcolm; Rick, Gregory C.; Safdi, Michael A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1993, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p1343
Current long-term treatment of Crohn's disease is unsatisfactory. Based on the Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI), this multicenter trial enrolled patients with other active Crohn's disease (CDAI â‰¥ 150) or disease in remission (CDAI < 150). The primary measure of therapeutic response...
- Recovery rates and functional results after repair for rectovaginal fistula in Crohn’s disease: a comparison of different techniques. Athanasiadis, Sotirios; Yazigi, Rayan; Köhler, Andreas; Helmes, Christian // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1051
Rectovaginal fistulas (RVF) in Crohnâ€™s disease continue to be a challenging problem. Several operations are often necessary to attain definitive healing of the disease process. There are no guidelines concerning optimal therapeutic approaches. Endoanal mobilization techniques such as the...