Great balls of fire: newborn nerve cells navigate their universe
- Correction: Distinct Mammalian Precursors Are Committed to Generate Neurons with Defined Dendritic Projection Patterns. Kelsch, Wolfgang; Mosley, Colleen P.; Chia-Wei Lin; Lois, Carlos // PLoS Biology;Apr2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, pe91
- Genetically engineered human neural stem cells for brain repair in neurological diseases. // Current Medical Literature: Lysosomal Storage Disease;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
An abstract of the article "Genetically engineered human neural stem cells for brain repair in neurological diseases," by S. U. Kim is presented.
- Neural stem cells, acetylcholine and Alzheimer's disease. Fullwood, Nigel J. // Nature Chemical Biology;Aug2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p435
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article that discussed the results of the screening of molecules that affect neurotransmission pathways in a neural stem cell model published in the May 2007 issue.
- Dedifferentiation in glioma. Feliciano, Pamela // Nature Genetics;Dec2012, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1293
The article offers information on a research that shows dedifferentiation of neurons and astrocytes into neural stem cells (NSCs) that can induce gliomas in a mouse model.
- NEDD2. // Encyclopedic Reference of Cancer;2001, p619
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for the term "NEDD2," which stands for neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 2.
- Lhx2 and Lhx9 Determine Neuronal Differentiation and Compartition in the Caudal Forebrain by Regulating Wnt Signaling. Peukert, Daniela; Weber, Sabrina; Lumsden, Andrew; Scholpp, Steffen // PLoS Biology;Dec2011, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Initial axial patterning of the neural tube into forebrain, midbrain, and hindbrain primordia occurs during gastrulation. After this patterning phase, further diversification within the brain is thought to proceed largely independently in the different primordia. However, mechanisms that...
- 692. Bone Marrow Derived Neural Stem-Like Cells Expressing IL-27 Exhibit Antitumor Activity in Intracranial Gliomas. Yuan, Xiangpeng; Hu, Jinwei; Yoshimoto, Takayuki; Black, Keith L.; Yu, John S. // Molecular Therapy;Jun2005, Vol. 11, p268
An abstract of the article "Bone Marrow Derived Neural Stem-Like Cells Expressing IL-27 Exhibit Antitumor Activity in Intracranial Gliomas," by Xiangpeng Yuan, Jinwei Hu, Takayuki Yoshimoto, Keith L. Black and John S. Yu is presented.
- mGluR5 regulated proliferation of neural stem cells after hypoxia with activation of MAPK signaling pathway. Lingyu Zhao; Qian Jiao; Xinlin Chen; Pengbo Yang; Bingqiao Zhao; Ping Zheng; Yong Liu // Molecular Neurodegeneration;2012 Supplement, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "mGluR5 Regulated Proliferation of Neural Stem Cells After Hypoxia With Activation of MAPK Signaling Pathway," by Lingyu Zhao, Qian Jiao, Xinlin Chen, Pengbo Yang, Bingqiao Zhao, Ping Zheng and Yong Liu is presented.
- FRONTIERS OF SCIENCE. Radin, Dean // Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness;Mar-May2006, Issue 10, p36
The article discusses about the implications of bioentanglement on the nature of psychic phenomena. An experiment was conducted to prove the existence of bioentanglement. It involved the study of cultures of human neurons from neural stem cells. There were indications of the presence of...