Celebrating 100 and 35 years
- Dorsey celebrates second anniversary of renewed production. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p5
The article provides information on the Dorsey Trailers brand which was acquired by Pitts Enterprises Inc. in 2007. Dorsey has a manufacturing plant in Elba, Alabama and supplies the trucking industry with a variety of trailer designs, including reefers, dry vans and flatbeds. The Dorsey...
- Pitts Enterprises acquires Dorsey Trailer. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer's assets by Pitts Enterprises on June 14, 2007. The assets of Dorsey Trailer includes its plant in Elba, Alaska. With the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer, the company now owns and operates three trailer divisions, namely Pitts Trailers,...
- Dorsey Trailer adds combo flatbeds to its specialty trailer line. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/1/2013, p1
The article focuses on the introduction of two drop-deck trailer models by Dorsey Trailers Inc., one of which is made of steel, while the other of aluminum and steel combination. It informs that the company will manufacture its new drop-deck trailers in an area of the manufacturing plant where...
- Strengthening the niche. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the new direction of American truck trailers manufacturer Dorsey Trailers, and its current owner Jeff Pitts. Focus is placed on Pitts' decision to develop the platform trailer and van trailer sectors of the business. Other topics include the design and construction of new...
- Celebrating something special. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p58
The article celebrates the anniversaries of trailer manufacturers Pitts Enterprises, based in Pittsview, Alabama and Dorsey Trailer based in Elba, Alabama, which has been acquired by Pitts in 2007. The company background of Pitts Enterprises, started by trucking company owner Andrew Pitts in...
- Pitts Enterprises Announces ESOP. // Southern Loggin' Times;Jun2014, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p34
The article reports on the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) adopted by Pitts Enterprises Inc. and three of its divisions that allows workers to share in the success and growth of the company.
- Dorsey Trailer Names Bane As Vice President. // Southern Loggin' Times;Nov2014, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p36
The article announces that Dorsey Trailer, manufacturer of machinery including chip haul trailers, promoted Bradley Bane to vice president.
- Pitts Enterprises rewards employees with ESOP. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2014, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the adoption of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) by trailer truck manufacturer Pitts Enterprises Inc. and its divisions, Dorsey Trailer, Pitts Trailers and Dynaweld Trailers that will enable its employees to share in the growth and success of the company.
- Dorsey Trailer chooses Meritor Tire Inflation System by PSI. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/19/2012, p12
The article highlights the selection of Meritor Tire Inflation System (MTIS) by PSI as a standard equipment on trailers manufactured in Dorsey Trailer's Elba, Alabama facility, that provides constant air pressure for proper tire inflation and has the ThermAlert to avoid excessive wheel end heat.