- California Dreaming. // Progressive;Feb2011, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the protests made by students on the tuition fee increase that would amount to 40% in one year at University of California (UC) schools, in which 13 students were arrested during the UC Regents meeting.
- Anti-Semitism? City Univ. of New York Students Attack 'Zionist Administration'. // Israel Faxx;11/9/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 221W, p12
The article reports that students at Manhattan, New York's Hunter College, along with those from the City University of New York system, who were protesting for a tuition freeze and debt cancellation on November 5, 2015, blamed the administration they called Zionist for their financial situation.
- Tuition protesters plead to disorderly conduct. Phillips, Jim // Athens News;5/6/2013, p10
The article presents information on student protesters, who were arrested during a Board of Trustees meeting held at the Ohio University in Athens County, Ohio, pleaded to reduce tuition charges at the Athens County Municipal Court, Ohio.
- Lenses of Truth. Nargun, Saman; Fields, Sarah // Hemispheres;2012, Vol. 35, p125
Several photographs of revolutionary movements led by protesters in different countries including students protesting against increase in university tuition fees in London, England, the Lebanese demonstrators protesting against Syrian President Basharl al-Assad and indignados demanding for...
- Protesters Turn Violent. // British Heritage;May2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that a student demonstration in London, England, protesting a tuition increase by Great Britain's federal government, turned violent.
- State of Play. TREMBIAY-PEPIN, SIMON; MARTIN, ERIC // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the student movement against the tuition fee hike in Quebec in 2012. The activists disseminate throughout the province to encourage striking by informing their colleagues and mobilizing instead of immediately organizing actions. The federations chose to complement th...
- How to Confront the Harper Majority? DEPAPE, BRIGETTE; HAJJAR, CRYSTEL; PETERS, TASHA // Canadian Dimension;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses the student movement against the proposed tuition fee increases in QuÃ©bec. The authors mention that the students have protested the tuition fee increase of $1,625 between 2012 and 2017. They also look into the role of the Coalition Large de l'Association pour une...
- Make Money, Not Love. Todd, Sarah // Research Reports: American Institute for Economic Research;11/21/2011, Vol. 78 Issue 20, p4
The article focuses on students who tried to pay off educational loans in time of stagnant economy, down job market, and debt-ridden governments through protests. It says that the high cost education triggers students abroad to organize protests, in which they cite student loan debt and...
- Students challenge fee rise, cuts. Ausburn, Kate // Green Left Weekly;2/16/2011, Issue 868, p19
The article reports on the student demonstration in Great Britain due to the announcement of the British Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition government that the tuition fee of the universities would be raised to 9,000 pounds. It states that a section of the demonstration occupied...