- THE POLITICS OF "GETTING A WOMAN IN". MCPHAIL, DONNA // Diva;Apr2014, Issue 214, p12
The article presents the author's comments on hiring women for the house leaning job.
- Cleaning and the condition of artificial surfaces. Frey, David // SportsTurf;May2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
The author discusses cleaning and maintaining artificial sports turf field surfaces. He mentions that the introduction of better cleaning equipment improved the field cleaning process and made the field last longer. The importance of disinfecting indoor synthetic fields with commercial...
- Cosmo careers. Hanson, Cynthia // Cosmopolitan;Aug97, Vol. 223 Issue 2, p102
Offers guidelines for career women. Fast fixes for coffee spills and other unexpected clothing-stain disasters at work; Solution to an awkward situation of supervising close friends at work; Comment from Joan Steinau of `Taking Charge: Every Woman's Action Guide to Personal, Political, and...
- Green Monster. Mansfield, Howard // Yankee;May97, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p22
Talks about the Moe Gonzales Field in New Hampshire as the home of the Warner Wiffle Ball Association. Construction of the field by Jack Morcom; First players of the field.
- Field of greens. // Science World;3/25/94, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p26
Discusses an experiment that can turn a vacant lot into a grassy softball field. Materials needed; Procedure; Assessment of the pros and cons of different kinds of fertilizers.
- Playing the budget game to win. Conners, Sharon // Landscape Management;Jul97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the budget concerns of athletic field managers in the United States. Relationship between practice facilities and athletes; Cost of safe-playing surfaces; Athletic managers' emphasis on the need for core aeration; Employment benefits.
- When synthetic makes sense. Maguire, Patrick // Landscape Management;Mar2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p68
Reports on reorientation of athletic fields at Clark University in Massachusetts to improve playing conditions. Proposal for synthetic playing surface; Advantage of infilled turf; Warranty on lifespan of the multipurpose field.
- FW dreaming of LaGrave Field rebirth. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;08/08/97, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the view of the Texas public in regards to the renovations which should be conducted on the `LaGrave Field,' in Texas. Background information on the field; Reference to events which took place at the field; State of the condition of the field.
- College building athletic fields. // New Hampshire Business Review;08/01/97, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p27
Reports on the start of construction of new recreation and athletic fields at Colby-Sawyer College in New Hampshire. Availability of the fields for use in the spring of 1998; Total construction cost.