- Media commish is creatives' ally. Hopewell, John; James, Alison // Variety;10/4/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 7, p12
Features Viviane Reding, information and media commissioner in Europe. Comments on the liberalization of cultural goods; Appreciation expressed by the creative community toward Reding; Challenges faced by the commissioner.
- Reding, minister quartet singing in different keys. Cendrowicz, Leo // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/30/2007, Vol. 402 Issue 24, p68
The article reports on the opposition of telecommunication companies to reforms during a meeting in Brussels, Belgium. The reforms unveiled by Viviane Reding, European Union (EU)'s Media and Information Society Commissioner needed support to become law. Reding promised better and cheaper...
- The EU gets functional. Morris, Iain // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the campaign of European Union commissioner Viviane Reding against the very high speed digital subscriber line plans of Deutsche Telekom in Germany. Reding issued a final warning to the government, which has defied her by supporting the operator's request for a halt in...
- EU lauds Croatia change to controversial EU extradition law. // Regional Today;10/8/2013, p4
The article informs that amendment of Croatia on a controversial extradition and arrest law has been welcomed by Viviane Reding, justice commissioner of the European Union (EU).
- Cross-EU trading law sparks concern. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer 2B;Winter2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p13
The article reports the progress concerning the Common Sales Law (CSL) for the European Union (EU), particularly after the appointment of Viviane Reding as justice commissioner, which is intended to encourage cross-border trade.
- Editorial. Lewis, James // IBA Global Insight;Apr/May2015, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including an in-depth look at the Petrobas case in Brazil, the "Watershed Moment" column of Ruth Green and excerpts of a webcast interview with Viviane Reding.
- Reding Rides in as EU Culture Commissioner. Stern, Andy // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the appointment of Viviane Reding as European Commissioner for education and culture in the European Union. French culture minister who was slated for the position; Views on her appointment; Information on Reding.
- Reding Plans More Green for Distrib'n. Stern, Andy // Variety;11/01/99, Vol. 376 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the funding mechanism proposed by Viviane Reding, European commissioner for culture, for the motion picture industry in Europe. Information on the proposal; Problems faced by the industry; Plans of the commissioner for the industry; Status of the industry.
- It's a wonderful women's world. // Campaign;3/23/2012, Issue 12, p16
The article discusses the issue concerning political and economical under-empowerment of women citing the desire of European Union Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding for 40 percent female representation within corporate leaderships by 2020.