- SPOTLIGHT. SPAULDING, JONATHAN // California History;2009, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p80
A photograph of a man napping in a chair in Pescadero Camp, San Mateo County, California is presented.
- capture the moments. // People;7/12/2006, Vol. 66, p17
The article discusses tips by celebrity photographer Marc Royce for taking child photography. First he suggests planning the photo shoot just after the child wakes up from a nap. Taking pictures outside is a good idea because the lighting is usually better. He also suggests making the child look...
- Power napping. Gould, Meredith // Nation's Business;Feb95, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p65
Suggests advice on the need for a daytime snooze to boost one's creativity, productivity, and mood. Avoid disrupting the circadian rhythm; Create routine napping times; Lie down-it's the optimal position; Close the office door and turn off the phone; Take slow, deep breaths before hunkering...
- Kindergartners' secret to a productive day. Klose, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;5/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 121, p19
Presents the story of the author's visit to a kindergarten, her observations of nap time, and her wish to popularize the practice of siesta.
- Naps. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1993, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Discusses napping. Biological urge to nap; Test to determine how naps affect one's energy level and quality of nighttime rest; Tips to make the most out of naps. INSET: Notable nappers..
- Choose to snooze. // Body Bulletin;Sep93, p2
Discusses various aspects of the health benefits of napping. Study indicating lower incidence of heart disease; Increased alertness later on; Suggestions for power napping.
- The art (and politics) of napping. Dritchell, Theda // Cosmopolitan;Mar1996, Vol. 220 Issue 3, p172
Focuses on how to benefit from naps. Reduction in the risk for heart disease; Tips for napping. INSET: Can't nap? Try this..
- Take a power nap. Rudavsky, Shari // Self;
Focuses on the benefits of afternoon naps. Decline in the average amount of sleep Americans get; Disadvantages of sleeping for too long during midday.
- The art of the nap. Aristides // American Scholar;Summer95, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p327
Examines the short span of sleep called the nap. Common napping places; Frequency; Effect of insomnia on nap frequency; Popular literary figures suffering from insomnia; Music and napping; Incidence of dreams.