- WIMBLEDON'S 250 BALL. // People Management;7/2/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p8
A photograph showing one of the 250 ball boys and girls hired at the 2009 Wimbledon tennis tournament in England is presented.
- Memories of Centre Court. // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p26
Presents a commentary by Rance Crain that reflects back on the earlier days of Wimbledon. Budge was the first important player that he remembers; Bromwich and Adrian Quist; Other talents of yesterday; What Wimbledon means today; Reflections on games he attended; Nostalgia for the old days of...
- Big names move to center of a wacky Wimbledon. Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;7/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 155, p14
Relates some of the memorable events that took place in Wimbledon 1995, besides the game. Note on the semifinals game played.
- Wimbledon: Who's who at tennis's premier event. Bandrapalli, Suman // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 145, p14
Focuses on the 1997 Wimbledon tennis tournament, which began on June 23, 1997. Comments about players, Boris Becker, Michael Chang, Pete Sampras and Martina Hingis; What will stop seven-time winner Steffi Graf from defending her title. INSET: Some players prefer a grass court, others say it's...
- Wimbledon champs, past and future. Davis, Byron Bradley // Christian Science Monitor;7/1/97, Vol. 89 Issue 151, p15
Reports on the Wimbledon tennis tournament. The rain which dampened the first week of the 1997 tournament; Players still in the tournament as of July 1, 1997; Expectations for the finals; Updates on several Wimbledon champions from the past; Billie Jean King; Jimmy Connors; Martina Navratilova;...
- A qualifier's dream come true. Scott, L. // Esquire;Jul88, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p60
Narrative of a tennis player's dream, playing in the qualifying rounds at Wimbledon. He takes you through each match, before, during and after play.
- Wimbledon serves up 'Anna-mania' and controversy. Bandrapalli, Suman // Christian Science Monitor;6/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 154, p12
Discusses several athletes that will compete at the Wimbledon tennis tournament in 2000.
- The Wimbledon you never see. Bodo, P. // Tennis;Jul88, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the Wimbledon of yesterday and today. How time has changed some parts of it and left others unaltered; From the wood and brass net posts to the main scoreboard to Coca-Cola logos on umpires chairs and computers in the press complex.
- Winbledon 1988: Steffi & Stefan prevail. Bodo, P. // Tennis;Sep88, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p156
A report on the 1988 Wimbledon Tennis Tournament. The matches; Results; The winners and losers. INSET: Upsets of the month; Prize money.;Key Wimbledon results..