- Pelicans of the Gulf. Hood, R.E. // Boys' Life;Aug89, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p25
Examines pelicans, one of the most popular birds along the Gulf coast. Fishing styles; Temperament; Where they are found; Their young; Brown pelicans, an endangered species.
- Bird key. Poland, Elizabeth // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the pelicans of South Carolina. Decline in the number of pelicans; Efforts to restore pelicans' natural habitat; Types of pelicans found in the state.
- LOOK. MATE, BENCE // Scuba Diving;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p82
A photograph is presented which shows the large dalmatian pelicans of Lake Kerkini in Greece.
- Havana Bay slowly reclaims old splendor. // South Asian Post;5/23/2013, p9
The article offers information on the appearance of pelicans and their prey in Havana Bay of Cuba after the successful cleanup program of the bay.
- Anecdotal report of prosperous Texas Gulf Coast pelicans. Spitzenberger, Ray // East Bernard Express (TX);1/22/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p4
The author reflects on numerous pelicans found in the Gulf Coast in Texas.
- Super scoopers. Miller, Claire // Ranger Rick;Jul99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
Provides information on brown pelicans.
- CHAPTER 9: PELICANS IN POTHOLES. // Going Wild in Washington & Oregon;1993, p95
This chapter deals with pelicans at Potholes Reservoir in Washington. The notion of pelicans in central Washington may seem odd. Pelicans are brown and belong at the beach, right? They stand on piers and appear on postcards from Florida, Mexico, and California. But there are such things as...
- a pelican brief. Phillips, Jim // Sarasota Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p44
Reports on the brown pelicans of Florida. Distribution of the species; Decline of the population since the early 1900s; Removal of the brown pelicans from the list of endangered species.
- Pelicans make annual splash down on Lake Whitney. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
The article offers various information on the American White Pelicans in line with their appearance in Lake Whitney, Texas which is a sign of the approaching spring.