A.I.D.S. mural unveiled
- ORGANIZATIONAL ART. // Advocate;2/25/92, Issue 597, p89
Focuses on the dedication of an AIDS inspired mural at the Minority AIDS Project building by the Social and Public Art Resource Center in Los Angeles. Use of the comments from residents about the impact of the organization in the community as part of the design process; Compilation of images...
- ALLEGORIES OF GOOD KINGSHIP: WALL PAINTINGS IN THE QILA MUBARAK AT PATIALA. Singh, Kavita // Marg: A Magazine of the Arts;Jun2003, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p48
The article looks at three Indian art pieces in a historical and critical analysis: a 17th century Mughal painting, a 19th century Pahari painting, and a previously unpublished 19th century Rajasthan drawing. The article corrects previous misinterpretations and incomplete analysis. It is assumed...
- Murals at Mercy mark anniversary. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the unveiling of three large murals at the Australian Catholic University to celebrate 10 years of nursing and its Mercy campus. Description of murals painted by artist Bernadette Curtin; Involvement of students in painting murals.
- Creativity sparks new uses for building space. // Buildings;Dec96, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p14
No abstract available.
- A mural commission in Thailand. Brewer, Susan // Ceramics Monthly;Apr99, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p24
Features the author's commissioned headband-fish designed mural for a restaurant development in Phuket, Thailand. Materials used; Process of completion.
- Colorful frescoes discovered inside Alamo. Associated Press // Christian Science Monitor;12/15/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p20
Discusses the discovery of hidden frescos on walls in the Alamo.
- End `tagging' with a mural approach. // Curriculum Review;Sep96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the painting of a mural over graffiti by students from Lamar Elementary, Wiggs Middle School and El Paso High School in Texas. Details on the cleaning of the walls; Comment from Maryadele Dennis-Troxler, initiator of the project.
- Warehouse art. // NZ Business;Dec95/Jan96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports that Greg Berge, a Wellington graphic artist has chosen a Japanese theme for his mural designs commissioned by Port Wellington. Reason for the theme; Information on JNL's Masterton products; Views of Roger Sullivan, Port Wellington cargo manager.
- Life of a Snowman. // Quilter's World;Dec2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p62
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a snowman wall quilt.