- Air Sampling Finds a Compound in Toxic Dispersant Is Also in the Air. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;5/30/2010, p6
A blog related to deteriorating health of workers engaged in cleaning oil spills of BP PLC in Gulf of Mexico is presented.
- Oil spill cleanup turns up trove of Indian relics. BURDEAU, CAIN // Native American Times;7/22/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p2
The article reports that the BP oil spill cleanup has led to the discovery of several sites where archaeologists are finding pottery, human and animal bones and primitive weapons left behind by pre-historic Indian settlements in Camina Headland, Louisiana.
- With Cap Holding, Crews Prep Attempt to Kill Spewing Well. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/2/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 4, p7
The article offers updates on oil spill resolution operations at the Deepwater Horizon/BP oil well and on the plan of Exxon Mobil, ConocoPhillips, Chevron and Royal Dutch Shell to form a rapid response system to fight oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010.
- Top hat cap. Marshall, Mike // New Scientist;7/17/2010, Vol. 207 Issue 2769, p01
The article is a status report on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the fitting of the so-called Top Hat 10 onto the top of the leaking well, and an at-least temporary renewal of a U.S. moratorium on deep-sea drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Reality Lags Behind BP's Promises About Oil Skimmers. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/ 4/2010, p4
The article discusses the report published in the newspaper "The Washington Post," highlighting the over-promised and under-delivered skimming technology developed by BP PLC. It is given that the company promised that the technology is able to skim 491,721 barrels of oil in a day before the oil...
- HANDS-ON SCIENCE. // Science World;9/27/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p13
The article presents a science experiment to help students learn about the materials that can be best use to absorb spilled oil in relation to the oil spill cleanup in the Gulf of Mexico, with a list of materials is provided, along with specific directions to follow.
- Spillionaires Revisited: Gov't Official's Associates Got Big Contracts After the BP Oil Spill. Barker, Kim // Pro Publica;7/17/2011, p1
The article reports that local powerbrokers and others got profitable jobs related to the cleanup of the BP PLC oil spill. It states that six associates of the president of St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, Craig Taffaro, got BP work, worth millions of dollars. It mentions that Taffaro picked the...
- 'Spillionaires' Powerbroker Loses Reelection Bid. Barker, Kim // Pro Publica;11/21/2011, p2
The article reports that Craig Taffaro, the president of Saint Bernard parish, Louisiana, has lost his reelection bid to Dave Peralta, former chief administrative officer of Saint Bernard. He was accused of awarding clean-up jobs to allies after the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded on April 20,...
- MICRO OIL GUZZLERS. // New York Times Upfront;9/20/2010, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of using Alcanivorax and other microbes to break down oil that spilled into the Gulf of Mexico due to the runaway well of BP, according to scientists.