- News and Events. // World Journal of Laparoscopic Surgery;May-Aug2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, pvi
Photographs of several surgeons attending the meeting of the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS).
- RCSI Faculty of Dentistry ASM. // Journal of the Irish Dental Association;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p292
A photograph taken at Annual Scientific Meeting of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Faculty of Dentistry in October 2011 is presented.
- Desktop photos. Hergott, Lawrence J. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/26/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 7, p781
The article relates a story surrounding a photograph displayed at the office desk of a surgeon. The photograph depicts the surgeon's daughters in their pajamas sitting on a bed holding a telephone. The photograph is extremely important to the surgeon that it has not left his desk for nearly a...
- Mask Of Perfection. Babej, Marc Erwin // Spirituality & Health;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p57
The article presents a series of photographs by photographer Marc Erwin Babej, "Mask of Perfection," which examines the gulf between subjective ideals of beauty and the plastic surgeon's standards of facial perfection.
- Education for educating surgeons. Bulstrode, Christopher; Holsgrove, Gareth // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p326
Focuses on the education of surgeons in Great Britain. Importance of cognitive skills based on factual knowledge; Training of surgeons.
- Our time to climb the greasy pole. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2003, p27
Focuses on position of general surgeons in Great Britain. Decline in the importance of surgeons; Impact of change in pay on general practice; Effect of decline in the importance of surgeons on other specialist.
- The hazards of practice guidelines. PULEC, JACK L. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug1997, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p484
Editorial. Presents the author's assessment of the article entitled `Practice Guidelines and Liability Implications,' by F. Dean Griffen. Griffen's purpose in writing the paper; Why organizations avoid writing guidelines concerning surgical equipment; How the Internet makes practice guidelines...
- How to choose a thyroid surgeon. Gaz, Randall D. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1995, Issue 75, p3
Lists several questions to determine a surgeon's capability to perform a thyroid surgery.
- Selecting a plastic surgeon. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun93, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p34
Lists precautionary measures to take before selecting a cosmetic surgeon. Credentials; Experience; Before and after photos of patients; Talking with patients; Explanation of procedure; Personal reflection.