IN THE PUBLIC GLARE
- Farm workers protest Trader Joe's. FRAZIER, CRAIG D. // New York Amsterdam News;2/3/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the protests by farm workers and religious organizations for improvement of wages and working conditions of the farm workers at the Trader Joe's Union Square in New York City.
- Hundreds of workers in Dongguan city protest at long overtime. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p27
The article discusses a protest staged by several hundred workers at a watch factory in Chang'an district in southern China over long working hours.
- FOUR DECADES OF BRITISH PROTEST. // Prospect;Feb2011, Issue 179, p28
The article offers information on the four decades of protest by Great Britain from 1974 to 2011 including the public service strikes, poll tax riots, and road haulier fuel tax protests.
- 'Severe disruption' looms as PCS gets tough on public sector pay. Logan, Guy // Personnel Today;5/27/2008, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Public Commercial Services Union (PCS) to cause disruption across Great Britain to protest sub-inflation pay rises in the recent years. According to Mark Serwotka, PCS general secretary, the organization is committed to fight British Prime Minister Gordon...
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;5/11/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 19, p87
The article reports on the advisory given by the British Rural Payments Agency (RPA) that the planned industrial protest by the Public and Commercial Services Union on May 10, 2012 could disrupt their services. The expected disruption will affect the single farm payment applications by farmers,...
- Union Members Protest Greenpac Mill. // Official Board Markets;1/28/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the protest conducted by more than 300 union members and local trades workers Niagara Falls, New York on January 21, 2012 to voice concerns on the hiring practices of Norampac Inc.
- Work Choices to rise from the dead. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;9/14/2011, Issue 895, p3
The article reports on the demonstrations against the "Work Choices" laws of the former Howard Liberal-National government in Australia.
- On the Streets. Yiyi Lu // World Today;Jan2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p13
This article discusses several mass strikes of taxi drivers throughout ten cities in China in November, 2008, beginning in Chongqing. The strikes were spurred by an increase in the rental fee for new cars and an imposition of fines on drivers who refused to carry passengers short distances. A...
- Protests on march. // Daily Variety;11/18/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 35, p30
The article reports various protests on March 2011 including the protests on the joblessness and economic injustice in Brooklyn Bridge, New York City, bridge marches of the Service Employees International Union, and criticism of the human rights organization on the assault of journalists.