- U.S. District Court trains mediators for pilot program. // Buffalo Law Journal;11/24/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 94, p14
The article presents photographs of people who have been trained as mediators for a one-year pilot Alternative Dispute Resolution program which is being overseen by Honorable William Skretny, through the U.S. District Court, Western District of New York.
- Court of first resort. Selman, Don // CA Magazine;May97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p37
Reveals the increasing interest in arbitration and mediation as an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in Canada. Approaches to settlement of client disputes; Evolution of arbitration and mediation; Reasons for the increasing use of ADR; Adoption of ADR by accountants.
- Frustration grows over Middle East crisis. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p10
Comments on the disputes between the Israel and the Palestinian refugees. Intention of destroying the infrastructure of commerce; Failure of prime minister Ariel Sharon to participate on peace settlement; Organization of the military campaign.
- Opportunities and obstacles in alternative dispute resolution techniques. Ellis, Lizbeth Griffin // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on preclaim alternate dispute resolution (ADR) techniques agreements. Traditional dispute resolution method; Alternative methods of dispute resolution; ADR applications in accounting; Benefits and drawbacks of ADR; Practical barriers to the use of predispute ADR agreements.
- The role of the CPA in disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions. Kreb, Kevin D.; Riordan, Thomas K. // CPA Journal;Jun98, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on certified public accountants' (CPAs) involvement in alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Common disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions and divestiture transactions; Areas in which the CPA can assist clients.
- New Jersey ADR conference. // CPA Journal;Sep98, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p9
Highlights the second annual ADR conference held in New Jersey. Issues addressed at the event; Conference speakers.
- Alternative dispute resolution for executive lawsuits. Henry, James F. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p15
Reports on alternative dispute resolution (ADR) which is a series of techniques to solve job related conflicts instead of going to courts. Use of ADR by senior executives; Creation of an ADR program for companies by the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution; Elements for a successful ADR...
- ADR is growing popular as a legal dispute tool. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p27
Reveals the popularity of alternate dispute resolution (ADR) as a key technique to resolve business disputes in corporations in the United States. ADR as a cost control technique; Use of ADR in enforcing existing contracts.
- INTRODUCTION TO A SPECIAL ISSUE OF THE CANADA-UNITED STATES LAW JOURNAL. Smith, T. Bradbrooke // Canada-United States Law Journal;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1/2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the reports of the Canadian and American Bar Association concerning dispute resolution of the international conflict between Canada and U.S., a recourse for private parties who were...