- Reveling in rhubarb. Rombough, Lon J. // Horticulture;May96, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p62
Features the rhubarb. Origin; Edible portions; Varieties; Seedlings; Planting. INSET: Tips on forcing, by L.J.R..
- About rhubarb. Pacher, S. // Mother Earth News;Mar/Apr89, Issue 116, p28
Tells how to plant, harvest, store, and care for rhubarb. Includes recipes. Types of rhubarb; History of rhubarb consumption.
- Raves for rhubarb! Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan96, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p58
Discusses rhubarb varieties and planting techniques. Varieties including Valentine, Crimson Red, Cherry Red; Techniques for planting for high yield; Harvesting. INSET: Do not eat rhubarb leaves!!!, by J.P..
- The garden of Chesham Depot. Clark, E. // Yankee;Apr92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p95
Discusses the author's enjoyment of rhubarb. New plants from division of roots; Transplanting rhubarb; Rhubarb's flavor; Effects of the digestive system.
- Prime time for rhubarb. Wing, D.; Wing, L. // Country Living;Apr92, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p152
Features several recipes for rhubarb. Description of the plant; History of rhubarb; Growing rhubarb; Suggested sauces and relishes; Quick breads; More. INSET: Bountiful rhubarb cookbook (`The Rhubarb Cookbook,' by Janet....
- A lesson in rhubarb and relationships. Kendall, Nancy M. // Christian Science Monitor;5/18/98, Vol. 90 Issue 120, p8
Relates the author's experiences in trying to foster in her husband a taste for rhubarb. Why she finally gave up; How rhubarb affected their relationship.
- PUCKER PARTIES. // South Dakota Magazine;May/Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p107
The article reports that the coronation of the 2013 Rhubarb Queen will take place in Leola, South Dakota on June 1, 2013, while Vermillion will host the Rhubarb Day at the W. H. Over Museum.
- Spring in a pie. Forristal, Linda Joyce // World & I;May93, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p182
Details various facts about the rhubarb. Kinds; Credit for popularizing the rhubarb; `Forcing'; Recipes. INSETS: Raspberry-rhubarb pie (recipe).;Sauteed scallops in rhubarb-ginger sauce (recipe).;Rhubarb crunch (recipe).;Rhubarb slush (recipe).
- BREAKING CAMPAIGNS. // B&T Weekly;9/23/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2537, p10
The article presents photographs taken from print and television advertisements, including a desk worker stuck with truckloads of work, a woman struggling with an enormous sandwich, and a farmhand blown out of his boots.