- WEST HAM. // Australian FourFourTwo;Sep2010, Issue 59, p71
The article previews the 2010-2011 season of the English Barclays Premier League football club, West Ham United. The club is expected to perform better this season than the previous one when they had to fight until the very last day to remain in the top flight. The appointment of experienced...
- Hollywood calling! // Four Four Two;Jul2011, Issue 205, p38
The article proposes possible movies wherein football players will be the star. In "I Am the Resurrection," Mario Balotelli plays a special person because he will survive several high-speed car crashes. In "The Man Who Wasn't There," Fernando Torres will help a Russian billionaire's failing...
- WANTED! // Four Four Two;May2011, Issue 203, p36
The article presents fictional and humorous classified advertisements from football players, coaches and managers. English club West Ham United manager Avram Grant supposedly advertised for a motivational speaker for his team. A sculptor is being sought by Spanish club Real Madrid player...
- In need of direction how to cope after a popular manager leaves. // Travel Weekly (UK);10/12/2007, p50
The article reports that Chelsea Football Club had parted company with its manager Jose Mourinho. The Chelsea team are said to have held crisis talks, upset about the way their manager's departure was dealt with, and unconvinced about new manager Avram Grant. Several players were angered that...
- Pots of Gold. // Sports Illustrated;6/27/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 26, p31
The author offers opinions on the Gold Cup international soccer tournament, arguing that the event's organizers must locate it outside the U.S. to make it a credibly competitive event.
- THREE OF THE BESTâ€¦CSKA MOSCOW. Crouch, James // Australian FourFourTwo;Dec2011, Issue 74, p84
The article features the best CSKA Moscow football manager, player and match in Russia, namely, Borish Arkadiev, Vladimir Fedotov, and the 2005 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Cup Final.
- D is for…DEFENDERS. // Australian FourFourTwo;Oct2009, Issue 48, p56
The article reports on the defend-first philosophy of Dutch football manager Pim Verbeek.
- I is for…INTERNATIONAL FIXTURES. // Australian FourFourTwo;Oct2009, Issue 48, p57
The article reports on the plan of Dutch football manager Pim Verbeek to try out a host of players and lineups to strengthen his squad for the World Cup.
- K is for…KEANO,THE RETURN OF. // Australian FourFourTwo;Oct2009, Issue 48, p57
The article reports on the return of football manager Roy Keane for the 2010 season.