LOOK WHO'S BACK:
- 'Pension pot' golden parachutes come under scrutiny. Mordsley, Barry; Davies, James // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p34
The article examines the controversy surrounding the generous pension given to former Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) chief executive Fred Goodwin. It outlines some of the questions raised regarding his pension, which almost doubled from Â£8.37 million to Â£16 million. The RBS board decided to...
- Smile please, big cheese. Exon, Mike // Design Week;3/7/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
Comments on the way chief executive officers (CEO) pose for photographs in broadsheet newspapers in England. Behavior of several CEO; Problems with the photographs.
- WORLD VIEW-DAVOS, SWITZERLAND. // CRN;1/30/2006, Issue 1181, p5
The article presents a picture depicting Intel chairman Craig Barret, Virgin Group chairman Richard Branson and Nasdaq president and CEO Bob Greifielda during the Nasdaq stock market opening ceremony at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- SNAPSHOT. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p31
A photograph of several corporate executives during the ribbon cutting of the newly opened branch of Key Bank in Westchester County, New York is presented.
- The CEO shot: Picturing the boss. Douglis, Philip N. // Communication World;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p59
Focuses on the photographing of chief executive officers (CEO). What the goal of photographing a CEO should be; How a picture can define a CEO's personality; How traditional CEO photos are taken.
- SAVING BRITAIN'S BROKEN BANK. Gumbel, Peter // Fortune;5/11/2009, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p76
The article discusses the state of the banking industry in Great Britain during the financial crisis, reporting that the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has been nationalized. The government, acting as a majority shareholder, rejected the executive compensation package for RBS former chief...
- Royal Bank of Scotland Taking a Breather. // American Banker;6/10/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 111, p20
States Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC is integrating Charter One Financial Inc. and might consider other deals, according to chief executive Fred Goodwin. His comment about acquisition plans; Amount Royal Bank paid for the Cleveland company.
- NAB heir looms. Greenwood, Ross // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/3/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6406, p52
The article presents information about various candidates who are in contention to take over Frank Cicutto, chief executive of the National Australia Bank (NAB) Ltd., who is likely to pay the ultimate price for the bank's forex trading fiasco. John Stewart, the most likely candidate, is sitting...
- Be ready to fight. Buchan, James // Nursing Standard;4/1/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p24
The article reports on an emerging media campaign in Great Britain to challenge the right of public sector workers to a final salary pension scheme. A discussion of a pension which Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland received in 2009. A discussion of public...