- Kids told how to avoid swine flu. // PRWeek (London);9/18/2009, p6
The article reports on a school visit made by British Health secretary Andy Burnham and chief medical officer Liam Donaldson to advise children on the proper way to sneeze. The pair demonstrated to primary school students in London, England the best way to sneeze to prevent swine flu. They...
- Government backs self-regulation. // Nursing Standard;10/4/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that the public in Great Britain requires reassurance that self-regulation does not lead to professionals closing ranks. Health minister Andy Burnham, speaking at a Labour Party conference fringe meeting, said that the government supports the principle of self-regulation and...
- The danger of doctors' advice. . Fitzpatrick, Mike // British Journal of General Practice;Feb2010, Vol. 60 Issue 571, p143
The author criticizes the call for the British government to consider physicians' advice on alcohol policy. He mentions that a Health Select Committee report urged the government to pay more attention to recommendations by chief medical officer (CMO) Sir Liam Donaldson and other officials and...
- Outsourcing to DHL set to slash prices. Snell, Paul // Supply Management;10/5/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the statement made by health minister Andy Burnham at a Labour Party conference that outsourcing the logistics of Great Britain's National Health Service (NHS) and a large part of its purchasing would reduce prices by 14 percent. Burnham was referring to the deal signed...
- The Nation's Doctor. The Role of the Chief Medical Officer 1855-1998. Nottingham, Chris // Social History of Medicine;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p640
The article reviews the book "The Nation's Doctor. The Role of the Chief Medical Officer 1855-1998," by Sally Sheard and Liam Donaldson.
- The new `nation's doctor' may find it lonely at the top. Bower, Hiliary // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/25/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7153, p233
Profiles Professor Liam Donaldson, chief medical officer (CMO) for England. What his goals are a CMO; Information on Donaldson's medical career; Comments from Donaldson.
- Minister says GPs at heart of change. Bostock, Nick // GP: General Practitioner;6/1/2007, p14
The article discusses the career path and the plans of the newly-appointed health minister Andy Burnham of Great Britain in 2007. Burnham started his political career when he joined the Health Select Committee in 2001. He revealed that the National Health Service will focus on general practice...
- Change for changes sake? Bright, Les // Nursing Older People;Jul2006, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on the reshuffling of government officials in Great Britain. In May 2006, new ministers arrived at Great Britain's Department of Health. Liam Byrne, former care services minister, was moved to the Home Office, and has been replaced by Ivan Lewis, a Member of Parliament. Jane...
- CMO ready to retire in May. // GP: General Practitioner;1/15/2010, p20
The article announces that Liam Donaldson, chief medical officer (CMO) of Great Britain will retire on May 2009.