- CORRESPONDENCE. Early, Steve // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p38
Comments on the article `The Future of the Labor Left,' by Khalil Hassan, published in the July/August 2000 issue of the `Monthly Review.' Discussion on union activism; Criticisms on the labor movements; Issues related to union revitalization.
- The Rise of South African Trade Unions. Wood, Geoffrey; Harcourt, Mark // Labor Studies Journal;Spring98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p74
Discusses the rise of trade unions in South Africa since 1980. Role played by legislative reforms in 1979 in facilitating union organization and collective bargaining; Negative effect of conventional causes of union decline on union density; Four phases of the evolution of the South African...
- The Terminal Decline of Australian Trade Union Membership. Cranston, Murray // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Dec2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p26
Details the factors which contributed to the demise of union membership in Australia. Statistics on union membership; Infusion of competition into the Australian economy; Change in employers' attitudes in their negotiations with unions.
- Seizing the moment. // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. Discusses the areas of concern of labor movements in Canada. Education and mobilization of rank and file; Alliance and cooperation among other labor unions; Belief on electoral politics as form of democratic expression.
- Show Mao the money? Greenfield, Gerald // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the active move of various trade union organizations in Asia to popularize trade unionism across the region. All-China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU)'s aim of creating a stable business economy worldwide; Conflicting dual interest of ACFTU; Plan of merging ACFTU with...
- Union organizers push aggressive agenda. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the flurry of union activity in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Factors that contribute to the renewed interest in the workers' rights movement; Reactions from the private sector; National Labor Relations Board records which indicate no dramatic growth in workplace organizing.
- The Gdansk Agreement. // World Affairs;Summer82, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p11
Details the Gdansk Agreement between the government of Poland and the Interfactory Strike Committee concluded on August 31, 1980. Provisions concerning the establishment of self-governing trade unions in the country; Aspects of the law that will guarantee the unions' right to strike; Provisions...
- ORGANIZING LABOUR FORCES IN MPONDOLAND: A NEW PERSPECTIVE ON WORK-PARTIES. Kuckertz, H. // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1985, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p115
Determines the boundary between the economic and the social domains in the organization of labor forces in Mpondoland, Transkei, South Africa. Elements of work-parties in Africa; Overview of labor organizing in Mthwa; Ways in which a homestead may organize a labor grouping.
- Organizing workers on LA's mean streets. Bacon, David // Canadian Dimension;Fall99, Vol. 33 Issue 4/5, p25
Discusses the efforts of Los Angeles' Day Laborers Union to organize the floating workers of the streetcorners of Los Angeles, California. Rediscovery of labor's most important tradition of acting as a social movement; Promotion of the welfare of poor and marginalized streetcorner workers. ...
- Sitting Whitty. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;5/26/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p15
Features the Transport and General Workers' Union. Legal director; Employees; Legal capability; Annual legal spend; Main law firms.