- Luku. Brady, April A. // Cricket;Feb2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p36
Presents a recipe for making the African food dish Luku, which includes chicken and eggs.
- The Recipes. // Restaurant Business;10/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 19, p80
Presents recipes for poultry dishes. Braised Chicken Thighs with Green Olives and Orange; Crispy Duck Leg over Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes; Smoky Chicken Flatbread Sandwich.
- AN AMERICAN CLASSIC: Chicken wings flying high. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the popularity of chicken wings among food service firms. Chicken wings recipes created by chef Sam deMarco; Demand for chicken wings; Benefits of chicken wings in reducing the cost of production.
- a taste of the south. Hurst, Andria Scott // Southern Living;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p188
Focuses on fried chicken, a simple food found in most gatherings in the United States. Ingredients that turn ordinary chicken into heavenly food; Why some referred to chicken as the gospel bird in the good ole days; Sample fried chicken recipe. INSET: Fried Right.
- BIRD BATH. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug2001, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p54
Reveals the amount of water in processed chickens.
- Why Southerners Should Not Be Asked To Diet. Bragg, Rick // Southern Living;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p134
Features a personal Southerner eating habit. Food preference; Salad preference; Idea on diet; Components of a chicken dinner.
- A basis for creativity. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p80
Deals with various creative ways to prepare chicken in the food service industry. Preparation of grilled chicken; Recipe for Santa Fe Chicken Spring Roll; Cost of chicken parmigiana.
- I'll show him! Levesque, Kate // Yankee;Aug99, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p26
Provides a recipe for preparing Fightin' Fried Chicken, a Harwich, Massachusetts-style fried-chicken dish. Special history of the recipe.
- Fowl play: Chicken wings its way into popular culture. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p61
Describes the popularity of chicken among United States foodservice operators. Chicken as an integral part of the menu; Background on the introduction, domestication and breeding of chicken; Chicken recipes from various chefs.