- DONATION REPORT: WINDJAMMERS SUPPORT SAILOR CIRCUS. // Circus Fanfare;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that the Windjammers Center Ring Concert and the youth circus showcase has supported financially Sailor Circus.
- Big top treasures. KIRSH, FRANCINE // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p35
Discusses the history of circuses which started in the 1770s at English riding schools where owner-teachers performed equestrian stunts to impress potential students. People behind the establishment of circus in the United States; Comparison between European circuses and circuses in the United...
- Fern Street Circus returns to Balboa Park. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/13/2004, Issue 855, p23
Reports on Fern Street Circus' 14th annual show "Alice in Circusland" in Balboa Park in San Diego, California.
- Jumping Through Hoops. // New York;12/2/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p113
Reports on the New York performance of the Shanghai Circus. Reason behind the circus' popularity; Training undergone by the circus' members.
- Amazing Acrobats. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;05/08/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p3
Features Canada's Cirque du Soleil, or Circus of the Sun, which relies on humans who can flip in the air and walk on stilts.
- High-Flying Excitement in Sleepy Hollow. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/31/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 35, pA5
The article offers information on the Circus Latino presented by the Village of Sleepy Hollow at Edge-on-Hudson in Westchester, New York which will take place on September 18-20, 2015.
- SOMETHING FOR BABY. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p111
Provides information on a free certificate to a circus show being given by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey to infants.
- On with the show. Kipling, Kay // Sarasota Magazine;May99, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p52
Laments the loss of the circus in Sarasota, Florida. Author and former circus performers' concern that the traditional three-ring circus was fading into the past; Big circus companies' abandonment of their winter headquarters in Sarasota; Impact of the loss of circus shows to the foundations of...
- Being seen out with Mick Hucknall still sends a shiver of glory down my spine. Booth, Lauren // New Statesman;10/7/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4608, p63
Presents an account of how the author managed to have a ticket for a sold-out circus show in north London, England.