- ABB launches micro-drive for low-horsepower motor control. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/08/97, Vol. 202 Issue 15, p35
Introduces the micro-drive ACS 100 from ABB that is designed to provide easy operation, accurate control, simple installation and fast commissioning. Three installation options for the drive; Design specification; Benefits offered to contractors and original equipment manufacturer.
- New high voltage line for Mexico. // International Power Generation;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the construction of high voltage power transmission system by ABB Ltd. to strengthen the connection between hydro-electric plant at Manuel Moreno, Mexico and the national power grid network. Total distance covered by the transmission line; Material to be used for the construction of...
- New cable 'longest in Europe.' // Modern Power Systems;Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p5
Reports the awarding of contract to ABB for manufacturing and installing underground power cable by UK National Grid in Great Britain. Features of the power cable; Purpose for the construction of the cable; Use of cross linked polyethylene insulation technology.
- Why and when to install multidrives? // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2006, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p11
The article evaluates the adjustable speed drives and multidrives from ABB.
- ABB Wins Transmission Contract in India. // Transmission & Distribution World;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p10
Reports the transmission contract acquired by ABB to supply the country's power transmission system in India. Worth of the project; Agreement of the company with Power Grid Corp. of Indiane Ltd. to supply the high-voltage direct current (HVDC); Installation of the Vizag II HVDC project.
- One millionth drive built. // Converter;Apr2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p9
The article offers information on the one millionth ABB standard drive from ABB.
- TRI accountability raises the bar for utilities' public relations. Oltmanns, Robert J. // Electric Light & Power;Apr99, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on ABB Drives AB's opening of its motor drive facility in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
- Electric Car Makes Motion to Challenge World Electric Land Speed Record. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Aug2003, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p44
Reports on the attempt of an electric car to break the land speed record. Focus on the car built by ABB using ABB drives and motors; Ability of the ACS800 AC drive to convert a 600 volt direct current output from lead acid batteries; Expectation for the drive system to send the car at 300 miles...
- ABB wins $60 million order to strengthen Quebec power grid. // POWERGRID International;Mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the $60 million worth of order won by ABB, a power and automation technology company, from Hydro-Quebec, a power utility in Canada, for the replacement of ABB's ultra-high voltage transmission system.