RE:PLAY (previous edition revisited)
- Can This Marriage Be Saved? Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Aug99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p8
Discusses how human resources (HR) and line managers succeed as a strategic business partners. Role of HR; Importance of communication.
- Not Like Sheep. Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Jan2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the homogenization of culture in the society. How culture is created; How to face challenges as human resource professionals; Strategies in managing people in an organization.
- A focus on skils, not organisations. Tyson, Shaun; Fell, Alan // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p42
Looks at how working styles have evolved in the past decades and suggest what human resources professionals need to do to prepare for the next century. Factors that drives change in human resource management (HR); Alternative HR role; Cause of the changes in human management.
- The third way on pay. Brown, Duncan // People Management;01/14/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p25
Recommends an approach for reward management in Great Britain. Benefits of the approach; Comparisons with reward strategies in the United States; Need for adoption of the approach by British human resource managers.
- Articles. Vosburgh, Richard M. // Human Resource Planning;2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p7
The article introduces a series of topics on strengthening organizations and building human capital in a global economy.
- HR held back by inability to measure human capital. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;9/24/2002, p1
No abstract available.
- Getting the measure of human capital. // Personnel Today;9/24/2002, p26
No abstract available.
- Charting the evolution of Strategic HR. Lewis, Jane // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p20
Reports on the principle in transforming human resource from traditional administrative cost center to dynamic strategic function in Great Britain. Intrinsic value of human capital and intellectual property; Source of competitive advantage in the modern economy; Organizational function of...
- Natural Selection. Didonato, Joe // Learning & Training Innovations;May/Jun2003, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p18
Offers ideas on developing an Enterprise Human Capital System for companies. Steps involved in establishing the evaluation process; Factors to consider in the vendor selection process; Challenge posed by the systems.
- BEYOND SITUATIONAL CONSTRAINTS: JOB RESOURCES INADEQUACY AND INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE AT WORK. Bacharach, Samuel B.; Bamberger, Peter // Human Resource Management Review;Summer95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p79
Studies the relationship between job resources inadequacy and individual performance at work. Situational constraints on job performance; Individual effort and ability.