- AIR SCOOP. // Model Airplane News;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p15
Features several airplanes. Engine specifications; Pros and cons; Cost.
- Almost Ready-To-Fly BIPLANES. // Model Airplane News;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p28
Lists several airplanes. Features of the airplanes; Model number; Name of manufacturer; Engine specifications; Pros and cons; Cost. INSET: DOIN' THE BIPLANE BOOGIE.
- TAKING OFF. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;12/1/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p4
Discusses the significance of airplanes to human beings. INSETS: HOW PLANES FLY;Back To YOU.
- REMEMBER THE BIG FLAPPER? // Boys' Life;Feb2003, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p10
Provides information on the repair of an ornithopter, a flapping winged airplane.
- Skycar. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);11/01/99, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p2
Offers tips on how to teach elementary students about airplanes.
- Soyuz Booster to Kourou. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/2/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 22, p34
Space ministers in Europe has approved installation of a Soyuz aircraft launchpad at the European spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana as part of a package of measures intended to reinforce Europe's launch system. With a geostationary transfer orbit capability of 3.5 metric tons from Kourou, the...
- Adam A500. McClellan, J. Mac // Flying;Dec2007, Vol. 134 Issue 12, p52
The article features the Adam A500, the pressurized piston twin that offers safety and simplicity for the single-engine pilot.
- FINDING YOUR WAY Around a Plane. // Cobblestone;Dec2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p20
Presents an illustration of an airplane and its basic parts.
- A plane case of running on high spirits. Sen, Philip // Engineer (00137758);10/25/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7614, p13
Describes the development of a light aircraft powered by alcohol as a alternative to oil by a Brazilian aerospace company, Industria Aeronautica Neiva Co. Reduction of cost; Engine conversions; Use of non-corroding materials in the manufacture.