- MPs back homeopathy ban. // Pulse;2/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the call of the Members of the Parliament (MP) in Great Britain for the government to scrap the funding of homeopathy on the National Health Service.
- Select committees and parliamentary scrutiny: Plus ca change. Giddings, Philip // Parliamentary Affairs;Oct94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p669
Discusses the effects of select committees on Parliamentary scrutiny in Great Britain. Effects of the Crossman experiments; Factors generating pressures for change.
- The United Kingdom: Restoring confidence? Norton, Philip // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul97, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p357
Focuses on the parliamentary system at Westminster, United Kingdom and Minsters of Parliament (MP). Examination of Parliament proceeding during the 1940s and 1950s; Information on media coverage of proceedings; Indepth look at the role of MPs.
- The European Parliament: Laying the foundation for awareness and support. Shephard, Mark // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul97, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p438
Focuses on the increase in public awareness of European Parliament. What contributed to public awareness of parliament; Comparison of the parliamentary systems in Western Europe; Geographical location of the European Parliament.
- Jonathan Sale's socialist almanack. // New Statesman;01/24/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4318, p35
Recounts how the first meeting of the British parliament went on January 20, 1265. Origins; Head of government Simon de Montfort; Setting up of the `model parliament' 30 years later.
- Full circle or dead end? What next for the select committee on members' interests? Doig, Alan // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p355
Discusses the role of Select Committee on Members of Parliament's interests in Great Britain. Paid lobbying by Members of Parliament; Dismissal of the idea of a register; Focus of the 1969 Committee; Attention given to the issue of investigating complaints; Entries in the Register;...
- The parliamentary boundary commissions: Rules, interpretations and politics. Rallings, Colin; Thrasher, Michael // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p387
Discusses the electoral consequences of parliamentary boundary changes in Great Britain. Significance of the Act of Parliament; Prompting by extensions of the franchise; Illustration of the procedures of the Boundary Commission and the type of choices with which it is confronted; Approaches to...
- Advice and dissent. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter91, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p133
Comments on the article titled `Parliament in the United Kingdom: Balancing the Effectiveness and Consent?,' by Philip Norton published in the July 1990 issue of `West European Politics.' Changes in the parliament in Great Britain; Aggressiveness and influence of parliaments; Enhancement of the...
- Parliament condemns carbon budget review. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;10/14/2011, p7
The article reports on the clash between the British parliament and the government over the latter's decision to review carbon budgets in 2014.