- Racing Forward, Looking Back. Moore, Carl // Vision Monday;11/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p78
The author discusses the association between manufacturers and distributors in the optical lenses industry. He recalls the closer business relationship between distributor manufacturing laboratories of hard contact lenses and doctors in the past, which pushed the search of soft lens...
- Photographic and Optical Equipment Manufacturing. Chiu Shih-fang // TIER Industry Report - Photographic & Optical Equipment Manufact;7/12/2012, p1
Output and Sales: As Apple launched new handsets, sales of the remaining mobile phone makers missed expectations. Additionally, because of sluggish demand for consumer digital cameras, Taiwan-made mobile phone lenses and outsourced digital cameras lacked drivers for growth. However, a small...
- Equipment Notes: LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICS. Fortenbaugh, Brian // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p100
The article evaluates several lightweight binoculars including the Apex 8x42 from Alpen, the Excursion EX 8x36 from Bushnell and the Optical XM-825 from Carson.
- OPTICS, ELECTRO-OPTICS, OPTRONICS, FIBEROPTICS, AND RELATED COMPONENTS. // Spectroscopy;Aug2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p39
A directory for companies offering optical products and services is presented.
- Fog Has Lifted for Spectacle Wearers. // Review of Optometry;4/15/2011, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the development of the first permanent anti-fog coating by researchers in Canada, suggesting that the development could be applied to eliminate the buildup of fog on eyeglasses, windshields, and camera lenses.
- buyers' guide. // Electro Optics;Aug/Sep2008, Issue 195, p56
A directory for electro optics equipment manufacturers and distributors is presented.
- buyers' guide. // Electro Optics;Oct/Nov2008, Issue 196, p60
A directory of companies in the optical instruments industry is presented.
- MICROSCOPES, OPTICS, IMAGE ANALYSIS, LASERS, CAMERAS. // Bioscience Technology;Oct2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p86
A directory for companies providing microscopes, optics, image analysis, lasers and cameras is presented.
- buyers' guide. // Electro Optics;Jun/Jul2008, Issue 194, p56
A list of companies that offer optical components, detectors, lasers, laser systems, fibre optics, imaging and video display and other electron optical equipment and accessories in Europe.