Purple urine bag syndrome
- Urine Free Cortisol in the High--Dose Dexamethasone Suppression Test for the Differential Diagnosis of the Cushing Syndrome. Flack, Mary R.; Oldfield, Edward H.; Cutler, Gordon B.; Zweig, Mark H.; Malley, James D.; Chrousos, George P.; Lynn Loriaux, D.; Nieman, Lynnette K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/1/92, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p211
Presents a study which developed criteria for interpreting the high-dose dexamethasone suppression test using urine free cortisol as end point for differential diagnosis of the Cushing syndrome. Methods used in selecting and treating patients; Details on the dexamethasone suppression test;...
- Abnormal function of the endocytic receptor megalin implicated in two forms of Fanconi syndrome. Norden, A. G. W.; Lapsley, M.; Igarashi, T. // Kidney;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p142
Provides information on a study which examined whether abnormal amounts of the endocytic receptors megalin and cubilin are present in the urine of patients with Dent's disease, Lowe's syndrome or autosomal dominant idiopathic Fanconi syndrome. Methodology used in the study; Results and conclusion.
- THE ORIGIN AND NATURE OF ANISOTROPIC URINARY LIPIDS IN THE NEPROTIC SYNDROME. Zimmer, James G.; Dewey, Richard; Waterhouse, Christine; Terry, Roger // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb61, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p205
Examines the origin and mode of expression of anisotropic lipid material in the urine and tubules of patients with nephrotic syndrome. Histology; Excretion of cholesterol esters; Abnormal renal accumulation of lipids.
- Estrogen Dominance and Prostate Problems. Werner, Ruth // Massage & Bodywork;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p122
The article discusses estrogen and prostate problems in men. It stated that estrogen dominance is being looked into because it is related to some reproductive disorder for both genders, including premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, enlarged prostate and prostate cancer. Prostate cancer...
- Acquired Fanconi syndrome in patients with Legionella pneumonia. Naoko Kinoshita-Katahashi; Hirotaka Fukasawa; Sayaka Ishigaki; Shinsuke Isobe; Shiro Imokawa; Yoshihide Fujigaki; Ryuichi Furuya // BMC Nephrology;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: Hyponatremia is often observed in patients with Legionella pneumonia. However, other electrolyte abnormalities are uncommon and the mechanism remains to be clarified. Case presentation: We experienced two male cases of acquired Fanconi syndrome associated with Legionella pneumonia....
- Latest research on obstructive sleep apnea. // Same-Day Surgery;Feb2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses research about a urine-screening test for the diagnosis of pediatric obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Urine glyceraldehyde excretion is elevated in the renal Fanconi syndrome. Jonas, Adam J.; Shen-Nan Lin; Conley, Susan B.; Schneider, Jerry A.; Williams, Julian C.; Caprioli, Richard C. // Kidney International;Jan1989, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p99
We analyzed urinary constituents using GC/MS in 16 children with the renal Fanconi syndrome and 13 normal individuals. Urine glyceraldehyde levels were strikingly elevated in the renal Fanconi syndrome group (mean 5.1 Â± 4.8 mg/mg creatinine) compared to levels in the normal group (mean (1.04...
- A Brief Review of Rhazes, Avicenna, and Jorjani's Views on Diagnosis of Diseases Through Urine Examination. Shamsi, Mohsen; Haghverdi, Farshid; Ashtiyani, Saeed Changizi // Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases;Jul2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p278
The present survey aims at studying the opinions of three famous medical scholars in history (Rhazes, Avicinna, and Jorjani) on the diagnosis of diseases via urine examination and their compatiblity with modern science. Refering to original authentic sources in traditional medicine, including...
- SÃNDROME DE FOWLER. Bártolo, Mafalda; Martins, Lília; Martins, Fernando // Acta Medica Portuguesa;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p645
Urinary retention in women is not a common complaint. The main causes are structural or functional, which means that urological and neurological reviews are mandatory. Fowler's Syndrome has been described in 1988 and has stablished an association between urinary retention, electromyographic...