- Shedding light on knowledge work learning. Fisher, Kimball; Fisher, Mareen Duncan // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the establishment of learning concepts and its benefits within corporations. What companies have done to overcome impediments to learning; Identification of companies that gained success through promoting learning; Effectiveness of networking; Effectiveness of virtual-knowledge teams...
- Proving the Value of Learning. Ketter, Paula // T+D;Aug2009, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p10
An introduction is presented for this issue of "T+D" which includes articles on the value of learning and workplace training programs.
- The Value of Noisy People. // Nonprofit World;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p21
The article focuses on wise and noisy types of employees who are considered to be a value to an organization than smart and silent employees, along with the information on people sustaining an organization learning including noisy complainers, noisy troublemakers, and disruptive questioners.
- Quick and Simple Program Design. Pinkstaff, Marlene Arthur // Training & Development Journal;Feb81, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p66
Presents the steps towards the development of a simple employee training program. Verification of need for training; Objectives of learning program; Categories of information according to priority.
- Delivering Learning That Works. Hayward, Norma // New Zealand Management;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p52
Talks about the need for managers to structure learning programs that are relevant, strategically on target, challenging and fun for their employees. Training levels; Options for organizations in delivering learning programs; Ways an organization can maximize its return on learning...
- Training '90s style: an organizational requirement. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Oct99, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on organizational learning. Trend in employment; Reason some organizations are hesitant to offer training to employees; Benefits provided by employee training to the companies; Information on training trends.
- Transforming Management Development. Lound, Edward // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 30, p4
Focuses on the importance of professional development among employees in Great Britain. Direct costs associated with training of employees; Growth of organizational learning; Components of formal training programs in the workforce.
- Making the grade at Corporate U. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/29/99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p1B
Describes the role of Symbol University, a technology-oriented learning institution in Long Island, New York, in providing continuous training to employees. Requirement for employees to take at least 40 hours of course work a year; Involvement of university in such traditional functions as...
- Organizational Learning Culture - The Missing Link between Innovative Culture and Innovations (Case Study: Saderat Bank of Iran). Hassan Darvish; Elaheh Alhouei Nazari // Petroleum - Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Technical Serie;2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
Increasing competition, international and variable conditions have made innovation and innovativeness inevitable prerequisites for growth, prosperity and revival of today's organizations characterized by dynamism, complexity and ambiguity. In order to overcome these dynamic, complex and...