- Sheriff's Report. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/9/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p8
The article offers information on responses by the sheriff's office in Clarendon, Texas to various emergencies from September 29 to October 5, 2014, which include the provision of emergency medical services, responses to vehicular accidents, and fire extinction requests.
- Emergency workers will respond. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p172
The article offers information on the findings of University of Delaware study that emergency workers will respond in times of disaster, however, they will need assistance with family matters.
- IN THE LINE OF FIRE. Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p30
The article focuses on responses to mass shootings in Fort Hood, Texas and Orlando, Florida which the author believes will change policies governing similar incidents in the future. In the Fort Hood, Texas shooting, responders from fire and police departments and medical sectors were challenged...
- OUT IN THE COLD. STEWARTSON, KAREN // Emergency Management;Jan2009, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p44
The article describes the obstacles faced by emergency responders during an ammonia leak in February 2004 at the John Morrell pork processing plant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.What hindered the Sioux Falls Fire Rescue's initial stages of response were erroneous calls, a major language barrier,...
- N.J. Fire Chief Develops First-Responder GPS App. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/27/2012, p2
The article offers information on the First Responder online application developed by New Jersey Fire Chief John Reilly to help first responders get to emergencies quicker.
- The Power of Push Partners. Corcoran, Cristin // Emergency Management;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p66
The article discusses the Push Partner Registry which was developed in Portland, Oregon to facilitate the rapid dispensing of emergency medication in the 48 hours following public health emergency. Medications are distributed through community partners who will be the one to give them to their...
- Responding Through Training. Serluco, Paul // Homeland Defense Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the progress within the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) through the years since its opening in Anniston, Alabama, in June 1998. CDP has been instituted as a training center for emergency responders, providing them with more than 30 unique courses including radiation...
- All for one, one for all. Brownlow, William // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;5/1/2011, p2
The article discusses the author's view on how a minor incident can escalate into one that affects not only the immediate area but also a larger region in the U.S. He discusses the role of first responders in dealing with incidents. He also emphasizes the impact of minor incidents on the society...
- Turnout fears allayed. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that assistant Sociology Professor Joe Trainor at the University of Delaware (UD) believes that emergency responders would not turn in to work if a disaster would directly affect their area and involved their homes and families.