- SPLIT-SCREEN PERSONALITIES. CHEN, SANDIE ANGULO // Daily Variety;8/14/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 31, pA1
The article looks at the characters portrayed by the Emmy nominees for lead actress for 2007. It discusses how actresses Patricia Arquette, Minnie Driver, Sally Field, Mary-Louise Parker and Kyra Sedgwick have shown their versatility by taking on demanding roles on critically successful series....
- OH BOISE, DOES THIS GM HAVE SOME LOCAL STORIES. Kuperberg, Jonathan // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 46, p12
The article presents a profile on Doug Armstrong, KTVB Boise president/general manager and GM of the Year Markets 51+ awardee. It notes that Armstrong has held his position at KTVB since 1996 and is credited for the television station's loyal and charitable staff. The article mentions that...
- Promoting Excellence. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/14/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p10A
Focuses on the U.S.-based organization National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), in the year 2003. Reasons that led to formation of NATAS in 1955; Total number of members listed with NATAS; Information on various awards, associated with television broadcasting presented by...
- SCREENGRAB. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 36, p4
The article offers information on the nominations for the 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards that include categories for primetime broadcast and cable television (TV) in the U.S.
- Small roles yield big rewards. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;8/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 33, pA1
Focuses on the rewards of guest actors in signing for a guest role in a television program to garner a guest actor/actress categories award in the Creative Arts Emmys in the U.S. Significance of the guest role to actors looking for an award; Actors nominated for the category for their guest...
- Seymour wins actress nod at Monte Carlo fest. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/04/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 8, p110
Reports the selection of television actress Jane Seymour as outstanding female actor by the Monte Carlo Television Festival. Receipt of the Gold Nymph Award by Seymour; Launch of the award as part of the anniversary celebration of the festival; Aim of the outstanding female actor award.
- Oh, the woe of Emmy injustices. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p39
Focuses on the book 'Art Carney: A Biography,' by Michael Seth Starr. Discussion on the Emmy awards; Occurrence of injustices; Assessment of the shows being nominated.
- New Blood for SAG TV Noms? Sheward, David // Back Stage East;12/15/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 50, p34A
The article examines the predictions of television critics for the 2006 Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards' television categories in the United States. According to them, there are opportunities for new television programs to gain awards since some programs are about to leave the airwaves. The...
- Does 'West Wing' Need Another Emmy? // Back Stage West;7/13/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p6
The article comments on the exclusion of several notable television programs from the main categories of the 2006 Emmy Awards. a two-tiered voting system was introduced by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. The impetus was to give critically lauded but often-overlooked shows and their...