PROMO OF THE WEEK
- MINNESOTA: Drinking and Betting. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the plans of Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association to install video gambling in bars in Minnesota. Utilization of the received funds.
- One million tiny plays about work. Taylor, Craig // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p58
The article presents a script of a conversation between a man and woman in a pub near the Oval cricket ground in south London, England.
- The Restaurants of Chicago. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p42
Examines the best restaurants in Chicago, Illinois. Chicago Firehouse Restaurant; Hudson Club; Wildfire Brew Pub.
- HELLO, DOLI. Bell, Katie Kelly // Atlanta;Jul2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p192
Features the Stoli Doli cocktail at Capital Grill Restaurant in the U.S. Mixture of the beverage; Fruit flavor; Coolness of the liquid.
- NIGHTLIFE. // Atlanta;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p134
Introduces several pubs and beer bars chosen in Best of Atlanta 2002. Selection of Five Seasons Brewing as the best Brew Pub; Choice of Blake's on the Park for the best Alternative Bars.
- At SORRENTO'S, the recipes are De Luca family secrets. Wolfe, J. Kevin // Cincinnati;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p130
Features Sorrento's Restaurant and Sports Bar in Cincinnati, Ohio. Sale of sports stuff; Price of the sports souvenirs; Specialty of the restaurant.
- Refreshments. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on designs of new cafes and bars in Australia. Maisy's Cafe; 20 Meyers Place; Hotel LA; Sushi-Gen.
- Betting on the rat race. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p23
Discusses rat racing at Calgary's Billy MacIntyre's Cattle Company bar, the Rattlesnake Saloon. Comments from bar manager and chief mouser Susan Karkus; Approval from the SPCA; More.
- Commentary: Bronx fire. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;Aug1990, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p99
Reports on the aftermath of the Happy Land social club fire which killed 87 people in an illegal Bronx bar in New York City last March 25. Life-safety codes, and the regulatory process.