- British entertainment, sports firm to launch pair of Olympics venues downtown. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/10/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the launching of various Olympic entertainment venues in Salt Lake City, Utah. Area of the Ice Village sports complex; Type of sports equipment; Description of the Last Lap stadium.
- Dolans taking MTA for a ride. // Crain's New York Business;2/14/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p10
This article presents information related to building of a new stadium in the New York city for a football team and for the 2012 Olympics. Many people have been suckered by Cablevision's supposed $ 600 million bid to develop the land that the city wants to use for a new stadium for the New York...
- Athens told: 'speed up Olympic plans'. Booth, Robert // Building Design;11/15/2002, Issue 1556, p5
Reports on the demands of the International Olympic Committee for an urgent construction of the stadium in Athens, Greece. Preparation for the 2004 Olympics; Placement of glass and steel domed roof; Motivation of the government to finish the job.
- London Stadium Design Review Draws Ire of Job's Architects. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/20/99, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p23
Focuses on the design of England's National Stadium that was considered spectacular, by its architects. Possible failure of the stadium to support Great Britain's future bid for the Olympic Games; Design of the stadium; Limitations of the stadium in relation to the Olympics.
- How London plans to win over the public with its Olympic
bid. Billings, Claire // Campaign (UK);1/23/2004, Issue 4, p15
London's official bid to host the Olympic Games in 2012 launched last week with an advertisement campaign featuring a giant athlete hurdling over one of the Capital's most historic landmarks, Tower Bridge, with the slogan that read Leap for London. According to an outline on the London 2012...
- Three-stage procurement race for Olympics launched. // Contract Journal;7/26/2006, Vol. 434 Issue 6585, p50
The article reports on the launch of a procurement process for the Olympic Stadium's design and build team to be in place in Great Britain by January 2007. Bidders' commercial and contractual proposals will first be evaluated by a team made up of Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) representatives,...
- Historic Olympic Stadium Gets New Coat of Paint. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul2004, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the preparation made at Olympic Stadium for the forthcoming Olympic Games in Greece. Surface area of the roof; Weight of the glass and steel dome; Manufacturer of the protective coatings used in coating the roof.
- S&P floats temporary pools. // Building Design;5/23/2003, Issue 1580, p2
Reports on the plan to build a temporary swimming pool in a football stadium in London, England. Efforts to intensify bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games; Design of the proposed swimming pool; Creation of a smaller pool used for warm-ups.
- THE SPORTING SCENE. Angell, Roger // New Yorker;8/10/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p71
The article focuses on the 1968 Olympics. The Olympic crew races will be held at Lake Xochimilco, Mexico on October. The Olympic Trials for rowing were held in the Long Beach Marine Stadium at Long Beach, California on September where the Harvard Crew was first place. The stadium was built for...