- seen. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p12
Photographs of people who attended the Hooray for Hollywood, the annual employee recognition event for the Greater New Jersey Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators is presented.
- Food shows: An opportunity to promote healthful eating to foodservice professionals. Samuelson, Amy C.; Deitcher, Deborah R. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 28 Issue 4, following p239
Reports on the 1996 New York Restaurant & Foodservice Show and examines opportunities in promoting healthful food habits among food service employees. Highlights of the event; Strategies in imparting healthful eating habits.
- The Way It Was. Berg, Beth // Great Kosher Restaurants Magazine;2005, Vol. 1, p14
Recalls an experience with past kosher restaurants in the U.S. Special occasions being celebrated in such restaurants; Observation in the ambiance in kosher restaurants; Problem encountered with a certain waiter at a kosher restaurant.
- seen. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
The article presents information on a networking event hosted by Healthcare Foodservice Management for healthcare foodservice operators held at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Speakers at the event included Greg Poletti, vice president of dining services...
- Chicago Smorgasbord. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2001, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p63
The article highlights a variety of events at the National Restaurant Association's 82nd Annual Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show held in Chicago, Illinois in May 2001. The International Foodservice Association honored recipients of its Silver Plate Award, including the late Michael Hurst of 15th...
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...
- Love 'em or lose 'em. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the results of a study by the Foodservice Research Forum on the conditions and attitudes of food service employees. Reason for working in food service; Top ten perceived employment needs; Top ten unmeet needs by the employees; Reasons for leaving the food service industry; Career...