- Heavyside markets in recovery shock. // Builders Merchants Journal;June97, p47
Focuses on the building materials industry in Great Britain, paying special attention to the brick sector. Why there has been an increase in brick sales during 1997; Growing demand for stock bricks; Establishment of the brick company Ambion Brick; Comments from various officials in the industry.
- Locating and building with old brick. McKinney, R.L. // Country Journal;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p71
Considers how recycling antique bricks can yield beautiful fireplaces and walls that literally bring history in to a home. Color; Strength; Manufacturing; Collecting tips; Bricklaying patterns; Sources.
- Repairing old brickwork. Vila, B. // Popular Mechanics;Feb88, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p40
As far as wall materials go, brick is one of the most durable. But this sense of permanence shouldn't fool you -- periodic maintenance is required to keep a brick wall in good shape. Tips on repointing and replacement of damaged bricks.
- Thermal analysis system for brick tunnel kilns. Perkins, Glenn; Evans, Rod // Ceramic Industry;Apr96, Vol. 146 Issue 4, pS-6
No abstract available.
- Not Just Another Brick in the Wall. // Malakoff News (TX);11/30/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 48, p1A
The article reports on the visit of the Baby Clay, the certified world's largest brick by the Guiness Book of World Records, at the Acme Brick Co. plant in Malakoff, Texas.
- How to cut a brick. Lansing, David // Sunset;Aug95, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p107
Discusses how to cut a brick. Necessity of cutting bricks for intersections in a brick border project; Renting of tile saw; Different kinds of bricks.
- Brick by brick. Garskof, Josh // Old House Journal;May/Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p36
Presents a list of brick types used at various periods in North America. Use in restoration work; Mortar binders; Mortar sand.
- Memorial bricks available. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/22/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 43, p3A
The article offers information on the availability of the memorial bricks for the History Plaza in Burnet, Texas.
- 21st Century Building Blocks. Wilson, Jim; Coledan, Stefano; Deem, Sarah; Fillon, Mike; Gourley, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Apr2002, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p26
Offers a look at a type of clay brick called Monomur developed by the French Tile and Brick Federation.