What's Wrong With an Open Internet?
- Senators push hard for spectrum auction. // Hill;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 141, p25
An excerpt from the article regarding the spectrum bill being pushed by Senators Kay Bailey and Jay Rockefeller that was published in The Hill's Hillicon Valley blog is presented.
- Going for it. Howard, L.; Zeman, N. // Newsweek;8/5/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p4
Reports that West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller will soon jump into the '92 presidential race.
- A new voice. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/7/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p19
Reports on Senator John D. Rockefeller's actions as chairman of the Senate Science, Technology and Space subcommittee. Introduction of a bill amending the 1958 National Aeronautics and Space Act; Promise of a budget authorization bill in 1995.
- A dangerous period for Democrats. Barone, M.; Gergen, D. // U.S. News & World Report;8/19/91, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p55
Discusses the decision last week by Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D.-W.Va.) not to run in the 1992 presidential election. Similar to a move by House Majority Leader Dick Gephardt last month, which puts all the more pressure on Al Gore and New York Gov.Mario Cuomo. Comments from Democratic consultants;...
- Rockefeller advice. Foell, Earl W. // World Monitor;Apr92, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p3
Discusses how `World Monitor' magazine recently sought the advice of Sen. John Rockefeller (R-N.Y.) on who should be put in charge of reforming the United States's backward health care system. His choice of Alain Enthoven, the vigorous but dispassionate centrist from Stanford University; Why...
- Rockefeller: Getting closer? Howard, L.; Cerio, G. // Newsweek;7/22/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p6
Reports that West Virginia Sen. John D. (Jay) Rockefeller IV may soon become the second Democratic presidential candidate. Rockefeller and his family have been meeting quietly in recent weeks at their farm in Pocahontas County to discuss their responsibilities if he enters a race. Plans his...
- Rocky for president? Clift, E. // Newsweek;6/24/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 25, p19
Features West Virginia Sen. John H. (Jay) Rockefeller as a possible Democratic candidate for president and focuses on his stature of one of the leading health-care advocates in the Senate. Recommendation for $66 billion overhaul of the health system; Rockefeller's wealth; Republican turned...
- AARP spearheading new health reform coalition. Schwartz, Matthew P. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/2/93, Vol. 97 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the American Association of Retired Persons' (AARP) spearheading of The Health Care Project. Loose coalition to keep the need for insurance reform high on the domestic agenda; Countering of multi-million-dollar campaigns by opposing groups; Threefold mission; Involvement of Senator...
- New product liability bill hailed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/03/97, Vol. 101 Issue 44, p3
Focuses on the development of United States President Bill Clinton and Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) reform principles in product liability. Comments from executive director of the Product Liability Coordinating Committee, Pat Roland; Indepth look at Rockefeller's proposals; Details on...