COMMENTARY & PERSPECTIVE
- Diagnostic accuracy of clinical tests for the diagnosis of hip femoroacetabular impingement/labral tear: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Reiman, M. P.; Goode, A. P.; Cook, C. E.; Hölmich, P.; Thorborg, K. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Jun2015, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p1
Background Surgery for hip femoroacetabular impingement/acetabular labral tear (FAI/ALT) is exponentially increasing despite lacking investigation of the accuracy of various diagnostic measures. Useful clinical utility of these measures is necessary to support diagnostic imaging and subsequent...
- Home exercise benefits hip fracture recovery. // Geriatrics;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on hip fractures, with emphasis on the benefits of exercise to aid proper recovery. Comments from Mary E. Tinetti, M.D., a professor of medicine and public health and epidemiology at Yale University; Details on a study conducted by Tinetti and colleagues; Discussion on findings.
- Collaborative hip-fracture rehabilitation: Defining current strategies in Wales. Johansen, Antony // Age & Ageing;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 25, p12
Presents an abstract of the study `Collaborative Hip-Fracture Rehabilitation: Defining Current Strategies in Wales,' by Antony Johansen presented during the Communications to the Spring Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 11-13, 1996 in Canterbury, England.
- Hip fracture: Physicians take more active role in patient care. Perez, E. David // Geriatrics;Apr94, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p31
Discusses primary care preoperative workup of hip fracture. Description of medical and surgical options; Identification of possible post operative complications; Provisions of day-by-day rehabilitation guides; Coordination of medical-surgical management to improve functional outcomes and...
- Stop the heparin! R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p70
Presents a medical case of a 67-year-old patient who is immobilized after the repair of a hip fracture. Development of a bleeding duodenal ulcer while on heparin; Other medical complications; Recommended treatment.
- Patients with hip fractures need better care, says report. Court, Claudia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/18/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7016, p1323
Reports on the care of hospital patients with hip fractures in Great Britain. Results of the study conducted by the Audit Commission on the care of the elderly with hip fractures; Role of health professionals in the rehabilitation of patients with hip fractures.
- Hip Fractures: Various Aspects of Management in Long-Term Care and Rehabilitation Settings. // Gerontologist;Oct99 Special Issue, Vol. 39, p600
Focuses on the symposium `Hip Fractures: Various Aspects of Management in Long-Term Care and Rehabilitation Settings' presented at the 52nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America on November 19-23, 1999 in San Francisco, California.
- Homeopathy heals a hip fracture. Furie, Noel // Homeopathy Today;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
Relates the experience of the author in applying homeopathic treatment for a hip fracture in the U.S. Details of the series of medication; Effectiveness of the supplements in suppressing pain; Findings of the orthopedic surgeon.
- Preoperative pillow relieves pain. // Australian Nursing Journal;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p18
Reports on research which showed the pain relief of placing a pillow under an injured leg of an individual with a hip fracture. Treatment of the patients used in the study; Advantage of pillows over skin traction.