The Comprehension Age
- FCC News. // QST;Apr2009, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p67
The article announces that Michael Copps has been appointed as Acting Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Who are these guys anyway? Keckler, David // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the members of the Federal Communications Commission in the United States. Background on Kathleen Q. Abernathy; Details on the career of Michael J. Copps; Information on Kevin J. Martin.
- Copp's lone voice. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;10/22/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 44, p30
Focuses on the stand of Federal Communications Commission member Michael Copps on the issue on deregulation in the United States. Criticisms of Copps against agency chairman Michael Powell; Description of the performance of Copps at the commission; Experience in making governmental policies.
- Two take seats. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;06/04/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p47
Announces the inductions of Kathleen Abernathy and Michael Copps as commissioners of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Comments of Copps and Abernathy; Priority on the pending acquisition of Chris-Craft Inc. by Fox Television.
- New FCC commissioners start work; third in limbo. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;06/04/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p28
Reports on the George Bush Administration's nominees to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Kathleen Abernathy; Michael Copps; Kevin Martin.
- Genachowski takes reins of FCC. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p10
The article announces the appointment of several executives at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) including Julius Genachowski as chairman, Republican Commissioner Robert McDowell, and Democratic Commissioner Michael Copps.
- WHO'S ON FIRST AT THE FCC? // Broadcasting & Cable;03/05/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the likely candidates to replace United States Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Democrat Susan Ness. Former Commerce Department official Michael Copps; Other candidates for two GOP seats.
- Copps on Patrol. Rimensnyder, Sara // Reason;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
Reports that Michael J. Copps, a commissioner in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), has called on broadcasters to adopt a voluntary code of conduct. Role of the government in television content regulation; Percentage of broadcasters against regulatory restrictions for the industry.
- Commissioners Sworn In, One To Go. // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Kevin Martin, Michael Copps and Kathleen Abernathy are taking the position of commissioners at the United States Federal Communications Commission.