Commentary on an article by Dino Samartzis, DSc, et al.: "A Population-Based Study of Juvenile Disc Degeneration and Its Association with Overweight and Obesity, Low Back Pain, and Diminished Functional Status"
- INTRODUCTION. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);7/25/2011, Issue 583, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the problem of obesity in the U.S., letters by the readers of the periodical and an excerpt from a speech by lawyer Robert Green Ingersoll.
- Does fat protect you during an auto crash? // Active Living: Newsletters;Nov2009, p12
An excerpt from the resource material "Obesity Panacea" is presented.
- Taxing obesity. // Active Living;Nov2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p2
An excerpt from an editorial article about obesity in the journal "The Ottawa Citizen" in the October 30, 2010 issue are presented.
- Time to drop the fat bashing. Schwartz, Rosie // Active Living;Nov2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p11
An excerpt from "The Enlightened Eater" in the November 2010 issue is presented.
- Shifting to second gear in obesity prevention. // Active Living;Nov2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p11
An excerpt from an editorial in "Obesity Panacea" in the October 19, 2010 issue is presented.
- Will a genetic test tell us how we should exercise? // Active Living;May2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p15
An excerpt from the article "Dr. Sharma's Obesity Notes" is presented.
- Obesity in Canada -- challenges and opportunities. Sharma, Arya M. // Active Living;Jan2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
An excerpt from the January 12, 2012 issue of doctor Arya Sharma's "Obesity Notes" is presented.
- Is exercise a disease? Freedhoff, Yoni // Active Living;May2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p23
An excerpt from a blog on the debate regarding the definition of obesity as a disease by Dr. Yoni Freedhoff from "Weighty Matters" located at www.bmi medical.blogspot.com is presented.
- Tackling childhood obesity. Sharma, Arya // Active Living;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
An excerpt from a March 9, 2011 article of doctor Arya Sharma in "Obesity Notes" is presented.