Commentary on an article by Christopher F. Wolf, MD, et al.: "Comparison of One and Two-Stage Revision of Total Hip Arthroplasty Complicated by Infection. A Markov Expected-Utility Decision Analysis"
- The Direct and Indirect Costs to Society of Treatment for End-Stage Knee Osteoarthritis. Ruiz Jr, David; Koenig, Lane; Dall, Timothy M.; Gallo, Paul; Narzikul, Alexa; Parvizi, Javad; Tongue, John // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;8/21/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 16, p1473
Background: Although total knee arthroplasty for end-stage osteoarthritis is a cost-effective procedure, payers are focusing on its indications and cost because of its high and growing use. Improvements in pain and physical function from total knee arthroplasty could yield benefits in the form...
- Economic Benefit to Society at Large of Total Knee Arthroplasty in Younger Patients A Markov Analysis. Bedair, Hany; Cha, Thomas D.; Hansen, Viktor J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;1/15/2014, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p119
Background: To our knowledge, the economic implications of total knee arthroplasty to society at large have not been assessed with specific consideration of the young working population with osteoarthritis of the knee. The goal of the present study was to use a Markov analysis to estimate the...
- What's New in Total Hip Arthroplasty. Huo, Michael H.; Dumont, Guillaume D.; Knight, Justin R.; Mont, Michael A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;10/19/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 20, p1944
The article presents several excerpts from the reports that were published in "The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery," "The Journal of Arthroplasty," and "Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research" during April 2010 to April 2011.
- The scholar's apprentice. Neusner, J. // Quintessence International;Jun1978, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p42
An excerpt from an article on various traits of mind characterizing scholars by J. Neusner, published in the journal "Higher Education,' is presented.
- What Israelis Can Teach Chinese. Jian Xueqin // Points East;Jul2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
An excerpt from the website located at http://the-diplomat.com/china-power/2012/05/13/what-israel-can-teach-china/ is presented.
- How Canada can become a significant player in Asia. Stephens, Hugh // South Asian Post;10/4/2012, p22
An excerpt from a piece originally published in The Diplomat is presented.
- ART HAUNTS. O'KANE, JOHN // AMASS;Sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p32
An excerpt from "Venice, CA: A City-State of Mind" is presented.
- FROM THE PAGES OF TIME. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p26
An excerpt from the April 4, 1960 issue about Australia's cultural coming of age is presented.
- THE GOOD LUCK ERA: THE PLACER MINING DAYS IN CALIFORNIA IN THE 1850'S. Peters, Charles // Western States Jewish History;Spring2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p220
An excerpt from the book "The Good Luck Era: The Placer Mining Days in California in the 1850's," by Charles Peters is presented.