Clinical Trials in Orthopaedics Research. Part II. Prioritization for Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials
- Interpreting Placebo Response in Clinical Trials for Psoriasis. Lamel, Sonia; Maibach, Howard I. // Cosmetics & Toiletries;Feb2013, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p84
An excerpt from the paper "Placebo Response in Relation to Clinical Trial Design: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials for determining biologic efficacy in psoriasis treatment," by Sonia Lamel and others in the "Archives of Dermatological Research" is presented.
- An excerpt from "Invidicum." Brodsky, Michael // Review of Contemporary Fiction;Spring2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p120
Presents an excerpt from the author's novel-in-progress "Invidicum." It concerns an experimental drug for "Envy Disease," and the group involved in its clinical trials.
- Laboratory and performance testing may offer a better picture of post-TKR function. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Mar2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p34
The article questions the validity of commonly used instruments for evaluating function after total knee replacement (TKR). Medical doctor Ormonde M. Mahoney recommends kinematic and performance testing to better evaluate post-TKR function. He noted that researchers show high survivorship and...
- The scholar's apprentice. Neusner, J. // Quintessence International;Jun1978, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p42
An excerpt from an article on various traits of mind characterizing scholars by J. Neusner, published in the journal "Higher Education,' is presented.
- What Israelis Can Teach Chinese. Jian Xueqin // Points East;Jul2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
An excerpt from the website located at http://the-diplomat.com/china-power/2012/05/13/what-israel-can-teach-china/ is presented.
- How Canada can become a significant player in Asia. Stephens, Hugh // South Asian Post;10/4/2012, p22
An excerpt from a piece originally published in The Diplomat is presented.
- ART HAUNTS. O'KANE, JOHN // AMASS;Sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p32
An excerpt from "Venice, CA: A City-State of Mind" is presented.
- FROM THE PAGES OF TIME. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p26
An excerpt from the April 4, 1960 issue about Australia's cultural coming of age is presented.
- THE GOOD LUCK ERA: THE PLACER MINING DAYS IN CALIFORNIA IN THE 1850'S. Peters, Charles // Western States Jewish History;Spring2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p220
An excerpt from the book "The Good Luck Era: The Placer Mining Days in California in the 1850's," by Charles Peters is presented.