Delayed Presentation of a Traumatic Spinal Epidural Hematoma in a Preadolescent. A Case Report
- Warfarin. // Reactions Weekly;6/26/2010, Issue 1307, p45
The article describes the case of a 54-year-old man who developed spinal epidural hematoma leading to paraplegia while on a long-term warfarin therapy following prosthetic mitral valve replacement.
- Warfarin. // Reactions Weekly;3/17/2012, Issue 1393, p41
The article describes the case of a 46-year-old man who developed a spontaneous thoracolumbar epidural haematoma while under warfarin treatment regimen for deep vein thrombosis.
- Multiterritorial Extradural Hematoma: Evacuation through Single Incision and Multiple Craniotomies. Goudihalli, Sachin Ranganatha; Patil, Mandar; Brar, Rahat; Pathak, Ashis // Indian Journal of Neurotrauma;2016, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p174
We report a case of extradural hematoma (EDH) involving multiple territories. Patient was operated upon through a single incision and multiple craniotomies, with gradual postoperative improvement. It is concluded that a single incision can suffice to evacuate multiple EDHs from different...
- Ibuprofen. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p20
The article describes the case of a 32-year-old woman who developed epidural haematoma after placement and/or removal of an epidural catheter and treatment with ibuprofen for musculoskeletal pain.
- Mirror-Image Epidural Hematoma. Verma, Satish Kumar; Borkar, Sachin A.; Sharma, Bhawani Shankar // Indian Journal of Neurotrauma;2015, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p164
Mirror-image extradural hematomas (EDH) are bilaterally symmetrical and have same anatomical location on either sides. These are very rare and associated with high mortality unless managed emergently with surgical evacuation. Incidence of mirrorimage EDHs is approximately 1.7%. Bilateral EDHs...
- Vertex Extradural Hematoma due to Traumatic Coronal Suture Diastasis: Review of Three Cases. Varshney, Tarun; Sharma, Somnath; Chopra, Sanjeev; Purohit, Devendra // Indian Journal of Neurotrauma;2016, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p157
Vertex extradural hematomas (VEHs) are rare and account for only 1.3 to 8.2% of all traumatic hematomas. The clinical picture of VEH is variable. Three cases of traumatic VEH with coronal suture diastasis following head injury on neuroimaging presented in emergency. All underwent emergency...
- Calcified Epidural Hematoma in an Adult Patient: A Case Report. Datta, Subramanya G. S.; Sharma, Chandraprakash // Indian Journal of Neurotrauma;2016, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p171
A rare entity encountered in neurosurgery is calcification of epidural hematoma (EDH). The mechanism of calcification of EDH is still unclear. A 31-year-old adult patient sustained blunt trauma to head as a result of assault leading to loss of consciousness of approximately 15 minutes. Initial...
- Traumatic Epidural Hematoma. Gallia, Gary L.; Sobotta, Michael H. // New England Journal of Medicine;2/5/2009, Vol. 360 Issue 6, p615
The article presents the case of an 18 year old man with an epidural hematoma which he acquired after being hit with a glass bottle on the left parietal region of his head. His score on the Glasgow Coma Scale had dropped to 13 and his left pupil had become dilated. The epidural hematoma was...
- Spontaneous Extradural Hematoma Caused by Dural Hemangioma: Case Report. WANI, Abrar; RAMZAN, Altaf; KIRMANI, Altaf; BHATT, Rasheed; LATOO, Riyaz; IQBAL, Tanveer; SHEIKH, Javed // Journal of Neurological Sciences;2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p116
No abstract available.