THOUGHTS FROM THE [FORMER] CHAIRMAN
- Industry Leaders Weigh In on The State of the Media Union. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/18/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p38
The article presents the views of telecommunication industry leaders on the State of the Media Union (SOTMU) including views of U.S. President Barack Obama on network neutrality and Michael Powell, president of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, on future of cable industry.
- Hill Takes Aim at Title II As GOP Seeks Compromise. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the response of Capitol Hill, Washington D.C. Grand Old Party (GOP) members (Republicans) over U.S. President's network neutrality proposal. It mentions that the president has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reclassify internet access under Title...
- Net Neutrality Debate. Issitt, Micah // Background Information Summaries;10/1/2015, p1
The article offers information on net neutrality regulations by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as of October 2015. Topics include debate on net neutrality regarding the federal regulations of telecommunications companies and services, lawsuits filed by internet service...
- Here we go again - Wheelering and dealing at the FCC. Goodman, Amy // Athens News;5/19/2014, p6
The author reflects on the opposition to laws proposed by Tom Wheeler, chairman of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on broadband network neutrality as of 2014. It mentions that the law is opposed by Michael Powell, president of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association...
- Michael Powell. // Entertainment Weekly;4/19/96, Issue 323, p32
Presents a brief profile of the motion picture director Michael Powell. His work in Britain with writer Emeric Pressburger; `Peeping Tom,' his controversial movie that is a must-see.
- Michael Powell: 1905-1990. Thomson, D. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the life and work of late British film director Michael Powell. Powell's autobiography, `A Life in Movies'; Powell's third wife Thelma Schoonmaker; Comradeship with director Martin Scorsese; Impact of the film `Peeping Tom' on Powell's career.
- The prewar Bs: Rewards and fairies. Durgnat, R. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the late British film director Michael Powell's B-movies prior to World War II. Powell's adventurous romanticism; Witness to the pre-war world; Quota Quickies (QQs); First-rate discussion-pieces for film theory; Working with budget limitations.
- Accents and umlauts. Tanner, Louise // Films in Review;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 46 Issue 3/4, p28
Profiles director Michael Powell. Works include `49th Parallel' and `One of Our Aircraft is Missing'; People he disliked; Professional and personal background; Admiration of director Martin Scorsese; Excerpts from the film `Window to Paris'.
- Michael Powell gets nod for FCC. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p4
Presents information on the nomination of Michael Powell by American President Bill Clinton, to a seat at the Federal Communications Commission. Background information on Powell; Comments from Pia Pialorsi, a spokesman for the senator; Other nominations which were made.