THOUGHTS FROM THE [FORMER] CHAIRMAN
- Industry Leaders Weigh In on The State of the Media Union. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/18/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p38
The article presents the views of telecommunication industry leaders on the State of the Media Union (SOTMU) including views of U.S. President Barack Obama on network neutrality and Michael Powell, president of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, on future of cable industry.
- Hill Takes Aim at Title II As GOP Seeks Compromise. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the response of Capitol Hill, Washington D.C. Grand Old Party (GOP) members (Republicans) over U.S. President's network neutrality proposal. It mentions that the president has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reclassify internet access under Title...
- Net Neutrality Debate. Issitt, Micah // Background Information Summaries;10/1/2015, p1
The article offers information on net neutrality regulations by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as of October 2015. Topics include debate on net neutrality regarding the federal regulations of telecommunications companies and services, lawsuits filed by internet service...
- Here we go again - Wheelering and dealing at the FCC. Goodman, Amy // Athens News;5/19/2014, p6
The author reflects on the opposition to laws proposed by Tom Wheeler, chairman of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on broadband network neutrality as of 2014. It mentions that the law is opposed by Michael Powell, president of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association...
- Heartland Institute manual arms Tea Party with telecom talking points. Jerome, Sara // Hill;10/5/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 109, p14
The article reports on the release of the manual from the Heartland Institute entitled "The Patriots Toolbox,"which indicated that most of the net-neutrality rules were not needed in the U.S.
- The Internet.org Net Neutrality Debate - A Contrarian View. // Trak.in;10/9/2015, p1
The article focuses on net neutrality in India.
- Michael Powell. // Entertainment Weekly;4/19/96, Issue 323, p32
Presents a brief profile of the motion picture director Michael Powell. His work in Britain with writer Emeric Pressburger; `Peeping Tom,' his controversial movie that is a must-see.
- Michael Powell: 1905-1990. Thomson, D. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the life and work of late British film director Michael Powell. Powell's autobiography, `A Life in Movies'; Powell's third wife Thelma Schoonmaker; Comradeship with director Martin Scorsese; Impact of the film `Peeping Tom' on Powell's career.
- The prewar Bs: Rewards and fairies. Durgnat, R. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the late British film director Michael Powell's B-movies prior to World War II. Powell's adventurous romanticism; Witness to the pre-war world; Quota Quickies (QQs); First-rate discussion-pieces for film theory; Working with budget limitations.