Special Report Excerpt: Graphic Novels and Manga
- CLASSICS Illustrated. Klatt, Wayne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p20
The author talks about the history of graphic novels during the 1940s and '50s.
- Watchmen AN ORAL HISTORY. Jensen, Jeff // Entertainment Weekly;10/28/2005, Issue 847, p44
Focuses on the history of the comic book "Watchmen."
- READER KNOWS BEST. Jeffee, Larry // Promo;Jun2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the launching of the first graphic novel series for teenagers and another on the excerpts from a book on page 66.
- Introduction. Round, Julia; Murray, Chris // Studies in Comics;Jul2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses articles presented at the 2014 International Conference of Graphic Novels and Comics held in London, England from July 18-20 and covered topics including noir, religious education and manga.
- Wham! Bang! Pow! Carr, Austin // Fast Company;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 147, p120
Statistics are presented related to comic books including information of how much money was spent on comics and graphic novels in 2009 in the United States and Canada, the average age of readers of comics, and the cost of comic books in the 1950s.
- Comic book CAPERS. Zappaterra, Yolanda // Design Week;10/3/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p22
Investigates the future of comic strip and graphic novel designers. Status of traditional comic strips; Impact of desktop publishing; Benefit of computer technology.
- Reference on the Web. Graff, Keir // Booklist;2/1/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p1013
Presents information on different graphic books available on the internet on various topics. 'Comic Books for Young Adults: A Guide for Librarians,' edited by Michael R. Lavin; 'Librarian's Guide to Anime and Manga,' by Gilles Poitras; 'Recommended Graphic Novels for Public Libraries,' edited...
- SPECIAL THIS ISSUE. // Booklist;3/15/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p1
This article presents a forward for the March 15, 2006 issue of "Booklist," focusing on graphic novels.
- Special This Issue. Ott, Bill // Booklist;3/15/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the issue's theme of graphic novels and comic books, and various reviews and columns related to it.